Ford Modernizes Global Marketing; Establishes New Creative Agency Model

Better late than never.

I could be misinterpreting it, but one thing I did see that I'm not sure how I feel about is the "new global marketing approach" which is "expected to yield $150 million in efficiencies annually."

Sounds a whole lot like one Ford to me - in that they're going to try a "plug and play" format for ads that may not be regionally focused (which may not work).

But we'll see!

Well-with this line we know Hackett has everyone's attention.....

• Ford’s new global marketing approach – part of a series of actions Ford’s taking to become more fit and customer centered – is expected to yield $150 million in efficiencies annually.
  • When have you ever heard the word FIT used so frequently.
  • Kind of scary IMO that a NEW global marketing effort will be "customer centered". What a unique marketing idea....focus on the customer. Brilliant! :doh:

Ive been seeing a shit ton of Ranger adverts on Facebook over the weekend-kind of pointless since you cant buy one now!!

They need to get all those "pre-production" builds out to the dealerships so that people can see it, touch it, smell it....build that pre-order bank up to the moon so that then when the plant begins churning them out, they'll be running on three shifts right out of the gate.

Edited by twintornados

Well-with this line we know Hackett has everyone's attention.....

• Ford’s new global marketing approach – part of a series of actions Ford’s taking to become more fit and customer centered – is expected to yield $150 million in efficiencies annually.
  • When have you ever heard the word FIT used so frequently.
  • Kind of scary IMO that a NEW global marketing effort will be "customer centered". What a unique marketing idea....focus on the customer. Brilliant! :doh:

Guys, I just came up with Ford's new slogan.....

FORD. Be more fit TM

Guys, I just came up with Ford's new slogan.....

FORD. Be more fit TM

Partnering with FitBit? Or Subway?

Pitch a fit?

Hissy fit?

Ah! The genius that is displayed on this site gives me hope! As I type this, Hackett's 28 yr old staff assistant is probably working on something to present to him so he can work these phrases into his next release to appease the financial analysts and automotive press. :clapping:

Isnt this why they hired Farley?

Actually, if you read American Icon by Bryce Hoffman (thanks again to JPD 80-great read IMO) Farley was a Mulally hire. Best thing since canned beer from a marketing perspective-or so you would think. We know the F series didn't need any help-so only thing I can think of is since Farley's arrival, someone has been blocking his moves? Because he did not work his Toyota magic on Ford IMO

• Like 1