Navigator troubles

turbo2424

Like my 2018 Navigator but issues so far

• Yellow Check Engine light on, on 3rd service now :doh:
  • Windows all went down on 3 occasions, hasn't happened for 3 months :)
  • Loses steering wheel setting, fine for 5 to 7 days than loses memory, still dealing with :headspin:
  • Wind noise in the rear corners on sunroof, dealing is still working on :doh:

My rear passenger door doesnt unlock. Its a major PITA my dealer service shop is crap, so taking it there would be useless and i havnt got time for that.

Have you checked the child lock on the door? My wife just mentioned that issue to me on our rental Hyundai (waiting on airbag recall for the Milan) and the child lock was set on the door so it couldn't be opened from inside.

A few days ago my running boards stayed deployed while driving for a few hundred feet and once Ive had my drivers seat not return to the proper driving position. That and the mysterious clicking side mirror but that hasnt happened in a while now. It sounds like some have worse issues than others but there are some strange things afoot in the new Navigators.

Considering how complex these vehicles are, issues are going to pop up, it's always amazing to me they are so few, but some of them are predictable. Anything with motorize moving parts seem to invite failure.

My 2016 MKX did have the occasional malfunctioning passenger side folding mirror. The mirrors automatically folds when you lock the car and every once in awhile the motor would just keep spinning even after the mirror folded, making that horrible clunk clunk clunk sound. One time I came back to my car after an hour in a store and it had been doing that the entire time. No issues with my 2018 and I never bothered to have it addressed...benefits of leasing.

Edited by Assimilator