Ordered my 2019 Navigator Reserve

Thanks for all the info.

Coming from a 2016 Escalade to a Navigator (it is my wife's car)

Reserve 4x4

Normal size vs L

All options except rear-seat entertainment and optional six-spoke wheels

Rhapsody (Dark) Blue with Tan (Cappuccino) interior and the 2nd-row pass through (for kids and dog)

Delivery expected in early Jan.

Dealership honored my X-Plan discount :)

• Like 2

Congrats! I'm stuck in the position of there being only like 6 '18s left that have the options I want in the country (bench + tech pkg). I'm thinking if the shipping costs are ~$1K, I probably would be better off just ordering. On top of that, I only think it makes sense if the dealer can honor my X Plan.

But I read that the lease ARPs are horrible on '19s right now (like, 4%+ kinda horrible). I've never done a dealer order before, do the lease terms apply as of the date of order placement or is it as of the date the vehicle is delivered. I assume it's the former, but just wanted to confirm.

Congrats! I'm stuck in the position of there being only like 6 '18s left that have the options I want in the country (bench + tech pkg). I'm thinking if the shipping costs are ~$1K, I probably would be better off just ordering. On top of that, I only think it makes sense if the dealer can honor my X Plan.

But I read that the lease ARPs are horrible on '19s right now (like, 4%+ kinda horrible). I've never done a dealer order before, do the lease terms apply as of the date of order placement or is it as of the date the vehicle is delivered. I assume it's the former, but just wanted to confirm.

Hi shiftconvention. It is always best to ask a Lincoln Dealer what the process is.

That being said, here is my educated guess: If leases are similar to purchases, the Dealer can lock in the current terms at the time you order. Then when your vehicle arrives, you get the better of the two, if they differ. So if the leasing terms are better when you ordered than when your vehicle actually arrives, you get the terms from when you ordered. And if the leasing terms are better when your vehicle arrives than when you ordered, you get the current leasing terms at arrival.

Good luck with you order.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

Rates are rising (generally), but it's clear Ford is pushing lessees towards '18 Navis vs. the '19s for now. The APR I got from my dealer was 5% which is insanity IMO. They will probably go lower from the 5% once 2018s are cleared out. Otherwise, no way they can compete against the Escalade and Germans with those kinda lease APRs.

Edited by shiftconvention

We locked in a home equity loan at 4.7% to have $$$$$$ ready when it arrives. Yep, those are a lot of $ signs. :headspin: This way we get to deduct part of the interest come tax time. We ordered our Reserve about 6 weeks ago. We now kinda want the storage package but may be to late to edit our order. I believe the builds start next week on the 2019 models.

We locked in a home equity loan at 4.7% to have $$$$$$ ready when it arrives. Yep, those are a lot of $ signs. :headspin: This way we get to deduct part of the interest come tax time. We ordered our Reserve about 6 weeks ago. We now kinda want the storage package but may be to late to edit our order. I believe the builds start next week on the 2019 models.

Your Dealer can spec change the order to add the option, as long as the order isn't locked in for production which happens about 2 weeks prior to the actual build date.

We edited our Navi Reserve to include the Cargo package. Looks like it will not be scheduled until December though :drop: I was hoping to get it before any salts hit the road to do an undercoating. The ordering pool for this SUV is longer than my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Any one here get an ETA on their 2019 yet?