Ranger power and tow ratings finally released

captaindan

270 HP and 310 ft.lbs. torque

7,500 lb. towing capacity

Best in class gas engine torque and towing !

Yes, but no available diesel and Colorado/Canyon twins outfitted with their available oil burner can tow 7700 lbs. My opinion is since the engine bay cannot accommodate a V6 (as we have been told)....Ford should offer the 3.2L I5 diesel for North America which IS available in ROW Ranger....my guess would be Ranger max towing with the I5 Powerstroke would easily hit 8,000 lbs tow capability.

The problem is, the I5 is a larger displacement motor than the new 3.0L Powerstroke V6 that is now available in F150...

Awkward....

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

200 lbs. of additional towing capacity wouldn't sway me to a diesel...in a Ford or GM. That's small potatoes...and who wants DEF fluid ?

That the Ranger has the bragging rights for gas engines is totally significant...as that's what almost everyone purchases in trucks smaller than 250/2500 series.

• Like 1

If you want to complain about maintenance costs, do that, but you can't legitimately complain about DEF costs. Seriously, in 13k+ miles, I've spent maybe $25 for DEF in my F350.

On average, you're probably spending a $1, maybe more, on DEF every time you fill your tank with diesel. Outrageous!

• Like 1