150 MPH Cop Explorer

The current 3.5LEB in the Explorer is only 365/350. And it has to be torque managed at lower rpm. The 3.0LEB is 400/400 at least and with CD6 there should be little to no need for torque management. I assume the 10 speed auto is also a significant enhancement.

The RWD 3.5LEB is 365/420 on regular fuel.

He might've been thinking of Raptor's output. 450/510

That's to fast. Someday those 150 MPH explorers will be in the hands of the general public and some teenager will take it out to see what it will do on a public road. Its a death trap. Any pursuit that requires a speed over 120 should be done with a radio or helicopter.

That's to fast. Someday those 150 MPH explorers will be in the hands of the general public and some teenager will take it out to see what it will do on a public road. Its a death trap. Any pursuit that requires a speed over 120 should be done with a radio or helicopter.

And my Corvette has a top speed over 180 mph. And yes that would be a crazy speed on a public road. However, what that means is a car with that top end is going to have an easier time with a 50 - 100 mph pass. On a 2 lane road that is extra margin of safety.

Just thinking here,

the Lincoln 3.0 TT V6 was rated at 400 hp / 400 lb ft, so I'm wondering if the new 3.0 Ecoboost

will be rated close to 380 hp 440 lb making the 3.5 Ecoboost exclusive to higher output versions.

Am i getting ahead of myself here....

Edited by jpd80