New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

7591250sd

2018 F250 6R100 shudder in reverse.

Question

My 2018 F250SD 6.2 with the 6R100 trans has a intermittent shudder in reverse, when backup up my 12K fifth wheel up driveway, that has about a 4 degree incline.. Many other owners of same combo on another forum have same issue with 2017-2018. Dealers have not been able to solve.. Putting in 4LO resolves issue, others had suspected parking brake sticking, hill descent control, but no real fix.

Any help appreciated

3 answers to this question

Does your truck have a conventional limited slip rear axle or does it have an e-locker?

Does it "go away" in 4 high, or just 4 low?

Do you have airbags on the rear axle?

Howdy

It has a e-locker rear axle, no air bags on axles. I have not tried to duplicate in 4 high..The issue is intermittent, the same as others on https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/ The trans fluid dipstick shows the fluid to look fine, and no burning smells. Its a 2018 built in May of 2018..

E-locker eliminates the chance of having limited slip chatter.

If it stays in 4High but goes away in 4Low, its a trans/programming issue wherein the line pressure might be too low for low throttle input/high load or there may be an issue with the Direct or Low/Reverse clutch. If it is lessened or goes away in 4High, it is most likely a pinion angle issue with the extra loading of the suspension.