Ford September 2018 Sales Down 11.2% Overall; Lincoln Down 7.2%

I agree but its a huge gamble as you need to gauge the trends....shinoda understood it but thats been 50 years now and the track record within ford aint been that great..the mentality of they know best has been a decades long struggle to kill and that bitch mentality just needs to die...

Ford has always favorited the bean counter mentality and is very cautious in the market. The only group that really got freedoms to lead the market is the truck group and even in the past few years there has been more fighting over costs and features.

I honestly dont know how the industry missed the CUV switch, a talk with 10 people in the 25-80 year old range in the past 8-10 years would have told you it was going to happen.

Edited by jasonj80

I honestly dont know how the industry missed the CUV switch, a talk with 10 people in the 25-80 year old range in the past 8-10 years would have told you it was going to happen.

Easy- we were paying $4 bucks a gallon 5 years ago and from 2008-2012 cars were the in thing.

With the economy being the best it has been-which a lot of people where expecting to crater in late 2016 and it hasnt, helped camouflage swings in the market place.

Even though F Series was down a bit at 75K, so where the GM twins,

Silverado was under 45K and Sierra didn't break 12K.

While the trucks might be down GM's large Utilities are still selling well..

I'll post some monthly figures for GM over the weekend (Camaro was over 5200...)

ATS, CT6, CT4 were pretty ordinary too.....

Edited by jpd80