Intermittent Noise

fmcrews

Hello,

I've been trying to diagnose this noise for a couple months now and it's driving me crazy.

I bought this 2014 Edge Limited AWD in Feburary 2018, within the first 4 months it needed rear brakes and a transmission rebuild. A little while after that work was completed I started noticing this horrid rubbing/grinding metal sound after accelerating a bit if the vehicle had been sitting for several hours. It will stop once it happens once, and the vehicle intermittenly has issues with coasting - almost to the point that it feels like it's in the wrong gear, verified with FORScan that it is in the right gear. This occurs wet or dry, but seems worse when it's wet out (even if it's been in the garage all night - no rust on rotors). The more I read and listen to different sounds the closest I've seen or heard seems to be something driveshaft related or CV joint related.

Wanted to throw this out and see if anyone has any ideas, I'm at my wits end and the dealership(s) are unwilling or incapable of diagnosing it.

[flash=640,480]