Ford shows special edition Expeditions and Explorers

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/28/2019-ford-expedition-explorer-appearance-packages-texas/

First up is the Expedition Stealth Edition which consists mostly of glossy black trim everywhere. It starts with 22-inch wheels painted in black then goes from there. Glossy black adorns the grille, mirror caps, roof rails, running boards, tailgate trim, rear bumper skid plate, hitch cover, headlamp housing, fog lamp bezels and tail lamp housing. "Expedition" logos and other badging are also done in black, but the interior gets red stitching

2019-ford-expedition-stealth-edition-whi2019-ford-expedition-stealth-edition-whi2019-ford-expedition-stealth-edition-bla2019-ford-expedition-stealth-edition-int

The next Expedition is the Texas Edition. This is essentially a badging package for the already existing tow-friendly Special Edition package. You get 22-inch wheels and "Texas Edition" badges everywhere on top of Ford's heavy-duty trailer tow package.

2019-ford-expedition-texas-edition-3-1.j2019-ford-expedition-texas-edition-badge2019-ford-expedition-texas-edition-2-1.j2019-ford-expedition-texas-edition-inter

For the
Explorer, we get a vehicle called the Limited Luxury Edition. This one is all about keeping the passengers comfortable. You'll get massaging front seats swathed in Ford's "Nirvana" leather, a higher-quality leather steering wheel, and leather inserts on the doors. On the outside it's upgraded to 20-inch wheels and chrome mirror caps

2019-ford-explorer-limited-luxury-editio2019-ford-explorer-limited-luxury-editio

The last new SUV Ford showed is the Desert Copper Edition, an upgrade for the cheaper XLT trim. We like the dual-colored copper and black seats, but it would be cool to see a few more splashes of copper on the exterior. Beyond those copper seats and door trim you get 20-inch wheels and chrome mirror caps to set it apart from the standard Explorer.

2019-ford-explorer-xlt-desert-copper-edi2019-ford-explorer-xlt-desert-copper-edi

The Explorer one is just a confusing hodgepodge of Platinum and XLT. But it doesn't take much effort to mix up the parts bins I guess.

Really like the Stealth Edition, obviously inspired by the Midnight Editions at GM.

Texas Edition is the lamest badge job I've ever seen, it's literally just a badge on the tailgate and nothing else.

Edited by Assimilator

Really like the Stealth Edition, obviously inspired by the Midnight Editions at GM.

Did you mean like the FX4/Sport packages that Ford has had for years that that essentially deleted most of the chrome? GM didnt have the chrome delete packages until the last few years.

Texas Edition is the lamest badge job I've ever seen, it's literally just a badge on the tailgate and nothing else.

Texas is a special place. This kind of stuff works to sell trucks and SUVs in Texas. And other places too as rmc523 said. GM, Ford, FCA, Nissan, and Toyota all do it.

38193060004_large.jpg

212807d1365948823-texas-edition-rebadge-

2017-ram-1500-lone-star-texas-badge.jpg

999G8-W5000.jpg

Picture_176028.jpg

Did you mean like the FX4/Sport packages that Ford has had for years that that essentially deleted most of the chrome? GM didnt have the chrome delete packages until the last few years.

Yep. The STX eliminated most of the chrome, but the FX2 and FX4 take it a step further, even eliminating it from the light housings.

I'm surprised they even bothered with the Explorer ones. Though it is nothing but seat covers.

I notice it also has separate volume and tuning knobs. I always hated that one center knob. The Stealth package on the Expedition looks good in black. I particularly like the red stitching details.