Newman in the 6

blksn8k2

I think there is a more fundamental problem at Roush. Back when Jack was able to have a more hands-on approach his teams dominated the sport. Back to back championships in 2003/2004. But with the switch to fuel injection, common body templates, etc. he cannot use his own mechanical engineering capabilities to find an edge and he seems to be unwilling to hire the same caliber of engineers as other teams have. Or maybe he's just needs to let the engineers he has do their jobs.

• Like 1

I do believe you put your finger on it. I always got the feeling he is one of those.."my way or the highway" kind of leaders.

You are not the first to say something like that about Jack. I read a time back that a lot of the engineers had left Roush because of his management style. Maybe some truth to that.

Interesting series of interviews with all the principles on the Ford Performance website and even some thoughts about Kenseth's contributions this year and why he decided not to come back for 2019. Not a lot said about Bayne but I suppose that's a good thing. A lot of the comments are a bit sugar coated IMO but I guess that's to be expected.

Too bad they don't seem to do any proofreading though. Some of that content is hard to follow with all the extra text and crap. I'm guessing they use voice recorders during their interviews but they need to read some of the nonsense that spits out and at least make a somewhat obvious effort to clean it up.

http://performance.ford.com/series/stock-car-racing/news/articles/stock-car-racing/2018/09/ryan-newman-joins-roush-fenway-.html