New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

ice-capades

2020MY Production Schedule

ice-capades, can you tell me how reliable the information is on the 2020 list you posted? I refer you specifically to the info on the Lincoln MKZ that seems to indicate that production on a 2020 model year MKZ would begin in August 2019.

If that is reliable information, then I have to presume that either the 2019 model year is not the last year for the current MKZ (and I thought 2019 WAS the last year for the MKZ), or this is an indication that an all-new MKZ will debut for the 2020 model year. Are those the only two inferences one can draw from the info you posted, or is there another conclusion one can draw from this? I am interested in your take on this. Thanks.

As akirby stated.

akirby and ice-capades, my thanks to both of you.

Looking at ice-capades production schedule, there's no close out dates for MY19

which suggests that maybe MY19 continues for now until Ford decides when or if there is an MY20.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, jpd80 said:

Looking at ice-capades production schedule, there's no close out dates for MY19

which suggests that maybe MY19 continues for now until Ford decides when or if there is an MY20.

Attached is the most recent timetable for 2019/2020MY production. 

FDNB_1846_2018-11-09_2019MY-2020MY Production Schedule.pdf

So according to this, 2019 is definitely the last year Taurus, Flex, and MKT, which have N/A listed for 2020.

---

Interesting that Aviator isn't listed here (presumably, it'd be the same dates as Explorer), and Corsair is still listed as MKC for 2020, with the same dates as Escape.

Hope there isn't a raptor redesign. Would suck for us 2019 customers.

"... Corsair is still listed as MKC for 2020, with the same dates as Escape... "

Will it really take just 2 weeks to retool for all new "2020" Escape? It's taking 2 months from last 2019 Explorer to new RWD design, which is usual for big changes. [March 1st to May 6th.]

Or, will the '20 Escape be carry over for a short time until the new version? I'm betting the next generation may be called 2021's for next winter/spring intro. Makers usually stagger new intros. Having both all new Escape and Explorer at same season would be a lot to deal with.  

Edited by 630land

19 minutes ago, 630land said:

"... Corsair is still listed as MKC for 2020, with the same dates as Escape... "

Will it really take just 2 weeks to retool for all new "2020" Escape? It's taking 2 months from last 2019 Explorer to new RWD design, which is usual for big changes. [March 1st to May 6th.]

Or, will the '20 Escape be carry over for a short time until the new version? I'm betting the next generation may be called 2021's for next winter/spring intro. Makers usually stagger new intros. Having both all new Escape and Explorer at same season would be a lot to deal with.  

It's not 2 weeks, it's 4 months 

2019 Escape Balance out date is 7/21/19, then says Job 1 for 2020 is 8/5/19. Just have to wait for unveiling at New York Auto Show.

Edited by 630land

Just now, 630land said:

2019 Escape Balance out date is 7/21/19, then says Job 1 for 2020 is 8/5/19.

That's an old one. It's been updated since then 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's an old one. It's been updated since then 

The latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) still shows a Balance Out Date for the 2019MY Escape on 07/19/2019 and a Job #1 Date for the 2020MY Escape on 08/05/2019.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:27 AM, ice-capades said:

Attached is the most recent timetable for 2019/2020MY production. 

FDNB_1846_2018-11-09_2019MY-2020MY Production Schedule.pdf

I'm not liking what I see for the 19 to 20 Transit. No downtime between 19 balance out and 20 production start, which tells me the AWD/4WD version isn't happening for 2020 either,,,,

HRG

18 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm not liking what I see for the 19 to 20 Transit. No downtime between 19 balance out and 20 production start, which tells me the AWD/4WD version isn't happening for 2020 either,,,,

HRG

Considering the history with the E-Series and the full size Transit to date, I wouldn't look for an AWD/4WD Transit from Ford but contact Quigley about their conversion.

Is anyone able to confirm if the dates for the '19/'20 Mustang have changed at all?

Thank you

3 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Is anyone able to confirm if the dates for the '19/'20 Mustang have changed at all?

Thank you

Should there be any change to the 2019/2020MY Mustang changeover schedule it'll appear in a future FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is usually released late Friday night. If there are any changes, I'll post that information as soon as it's available.