2020MY Production Schedule

ice-capades

ice-capades, can you tell me how reliable the information is on the 2020 list you posted? I refer you specifically to the info on the Lincoln MKZ that seems to indicate that production on a 2020 model year MKZ would begin in August 2019.

If that is reliable information, then I have to presume that either the 2019 model year is not the last year for the current MKZ (and I thought 2019 WAS the last year for the MKZ), or this is an indication that an all-new MKZ will debut for the 2020 model year. Are those the only two inferences one can draw from the info you posted, or is there another conclusion one can draw from this? I am interested in your take on this. Thanks.

As akirby stated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, jpd80 said:

Looking at ice-capades production schedule, there's no close out dates for MY19

which suggests that maybe MY19 continues for now until Ford decides when or if there is an MY20.

Attached is the most recent timetable for 2019/2020MY production. 

FDNB_1846_2018-11-09_2019MY-2020MY Production Schedule.pdf

• Like 1

So according to this, 2019 is definitely the last year Taurus, Flex, and MKT, which have N/A listed for 2020.

---

Interesting that Aviator isn't listed here (presumably, it'd be the same dates as Explorer), and Corsair is still listed as MKC for 2020, with the same dates as Escape.

• 2 months later...

"... Corsair is still listed as MKC for 2020, with the same dates as Escape... "

Will it really take just 2 weeks to retool for all new "2020" Escape? It's taking 2 months from last 2019 Explorer to new RWD design, which is usual for big changes. [March 1st to May 6th.]

Or, will the '20 Escape be carry over for a short time until the new version? I'm betting the next generation may be called 2021's for next winter/spring intro. Makers usually stagger new intros. Having both all new Escape and Explorer at same season would be a lot to deal with.  

Edited by 630land

19 minutes ago, 630land said:

"... Corsair is still listed as MKC for 2020, with the same dates as Escape... "

Will it really take just 2 weeks to retool for all new "2020" Escape? It's taking 2 months from last 2019 Explorer to new RWD design, which is usual for big changes. [March 1st to May 6th.]

Or, will the '20 Escape be carry over for a short time until the new version? I'm betting the next generation may be called 2021's for next winter/spring intro. Makers usually stagger new intros. Having both all new Escape and Explorer at same season would be a lot to deal with.  

It's not 2 weeks, it's 4 months 

On 11/10/2018 at 4:27 AM, ice-capades said:

Attached is the most recent timetable for 2019/2020MY production. 

FDNB_1846_2018-11-09_2019MY-2020MY Production Schedule.pdf

I'm not liking what I see for the 19 to 20 Transit. No downtime between 19 balance out and 20 production start, which tells me the AWD/4WD version isn't happening for 2020 either,,,,

HRG

18 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm not liking what I see for the 19 to 20 Transit. No downtime between 19 balance out and 20 production start, which tells me the AWD/4WD version isn't happening for 2020 either,,,,

HRG

Considering the history with the E-Series and the full size Transit to date, I wouldn't look for an AWD/4WD Transit from Ford but contact Quigley about their conversion.

3 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Is anyone able to confirm if the dates for the '19/'20 Mustang have changed at all?

Thank you

Should there be any change to the 2019/2020MY Mustang changeover schedule it'll appear in a future FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is usually released late Friday night. If there are any changes, I'll post that information as soon as it's available.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

In a recent conference call after the Q4 report at  the Brazilian foundry Tupy the CEO is talking about the recent start of the Cummins production for RAM but then he says that a new volumeproduction will start this May of a petrolengine with a block in CGI for Pickups 

Is this the added production of the Nano-V6 EcoBoost engine with a displacement of 2.7 and 3 liters he is talking about or can it be some new production? 

We know this engine will come in the 2020 MY of several models like Explorer and Lincoln Aviator but can we consider these mentioned as Pickups? Is it migrating to the Ranger? Is it just a production for the Explorer and Aviator  with JOB #1 date 05/06/19 , the MKZ with JOB #1 date 08/05/19 ? 

Conference call

http://ri.tupy.com.br/default_en.asp?idioma=1&conta=44

Edited by CGIron

35 minutes ago, CGIron said:

In a recent conference call after the Q4 report at  the Brazilian foundry Tupy the CEO is talking about the recent start of the Cummins production for RAM but then he says that a new volumeproduction will start this May of a petrolengine with a block in CGI for Pickups 

Is this the added production of the Nano-V6 EcoBoost engine with a displacement of 2.7 and 3 liters he is talking about or can it be some new production? 

We know this engine will come in the 2020 MY of several models like Explorer and Lincoln Aviator but can we consider these mentioned as Pickups? Is it migrating to the Ranger? Is it just a production for the Explorer and Aviator  with JOB #1 date 05/06/19 , the MKZ with JOB #1 date 08/05/19 ? 

Conference call

http://ri.tupy.com.br/default_en.asp?idioma=1&conta=44

Whatever that is, it's definitely not Ford. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 8:05 AM, ice-capades said:

Should there be any change to the 2019/2020MY Mustang changeover schedule it'll appear in a future FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is usually released late Friday night. If there are any changes, I'll post that information as soon as it's available.

Has there been any changes in the production dates for the Mustang for MY2020. The FDNB you posted is dated 11/9/2018 and shows Job#1 as 8/12/2019. My dealer is telling me that there is no way Ford will start production that early with all the late MY2019 builds and inventory.  Has the Mustang ordering guides been leaked yet?  Thank you Ice-Capades for everything that you do for all of us who bleed Ford blue. 

3 hours ago, orangegrower said:

Has there been any changes in the production dates for the Mustang for MY2020. The FDNB you posted is dated 11/9/2018 and shows Job#1 as 8/12/2019. My dealer is telling me that there is no way Ford will start production that early with all the late MY2019 builds and inventory.  Has the Mustang ordering guides been leaked yet?  Thank you Ice-Capades for everything that you do for all of us who bleed Ford blue. 

There have been no changes in the production timetable for the 2019/2020MY Mustang per the most recent FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin). Being so close to the end of the 2019 Mustang scheduling leading up to "Balance Out" it is highly unlikely that there will be a change at this point. Ford doesn't release the order guides until on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. 

• 3 months later...

Dealers enrolled in the 2020MY Shelby sales program are being advised of their GT350 and GT500 allocation. Each Dealer will receive allocation for (1) 2020 Shelby GT350 & (1) 2020 Shelby GT500. Dealers with the standard Shelby allocation are prohibited from ordering the Carbon Fiber Track Pack and the Painted "Over-the-Top" Racing Stripes. Only Dealers with a high "Share of Nation" sales rate will be allowed to order vehicles with those options. The allocation and scheduling timetable and distribution is determined by the Ford regional offices. 

• 4 months later...