2020 Chevy Tahoe Spotted with IRS

rmc523

I got my 2018 XLT Sport pretty damn cheap on a lease, although I don't cross shop GM at all. I can't imagine how much cheaper you can go.

There really is very little that separates GM and Ford trucks besides a few amenities here and there, otherwise they all look and work about the same, especially when you look at the V8s. The rest becomes mostly a means to an end, Aluminum construction vs Multi-Material, or EcoBoost vs V8.

Despite their age, the F-150 still holds up well agains the newer competition and nobody is even remotely close to EcoBoost performance or the coming Hybrids. I do wish Ford would give a little more priority to interior design, I can't fault their success but I have a hard time loving the 2000's era hard painted plastics and sharp angles that continue in their F-Series and now Expedition. Like most reviews, the design isn't so bad from a distance, but once you're inside it you feel the age and cheapness compared to the modern competition.

Edited by Assimilator

I got my 2018 XLT Sport pretty damn cheap on a lease, although I don't cross shop GM at all. I can't imagine how much cheaper you can go.

There really is very little that separates GM and Ford trucks besides a few amenities here and there, otherwise they all look and work about the same, especially when you look at the V8s. The rest becomes mostly a means to an end, Aluminum construction vs Multi-Material, or EcoBoost vs V8.

Despite their age, the F-150 still holds up well agains the newer competition and nobody is even remotely close to EcoBoost performance or the coming Hybrids. I do wish Ford would give a little more priority to interior design, I can't fault their success but I have a hard time loving the 2000's era hard painted plastics and sharp angles that continue in their F-Series and now Expedition. Like most reviews, the design isn't so bad from a distance, but once you're inside it you feel the age and cheapness compared to the modern competition.

If it's hard painted plastics and sharp angles or "better" materials and ugly design like in the GMs, I'll take the former anyday.

While yes, the F150 is aged relatively speaking, GM sure didn't make a leap forward with regards to their interior quality. It looks to be "a lot more of the same" mentality. I wouldn't put any of the GM mid tier level truck ahead of the F150 interior wise. I haven't personally seen the new GM top tier interiors personally, so I won't comment there.

The RAM has certainly improved their interior quality. I would say their top tier is a notch above the F150 Platinum. It's not light years ahead, but it is ahead, IMHO. It gives Ford something to shoot for on their next redesign. Now the rest of the RAM, well....

While yes, the F150 is aged relatively speaking, GM sure didn't make a leap forward with regards to their interior quality. It looks to be "a lot more of the same" mentality. I wouldn't put any of the GM mid tier level truck ahead of the F150 interior wise. I haven't personally seen the new GM top tier interiors personally, so I won't comment there.

The RAM has certainly improved their interior quality. I would say their top tier is a notch above the F150 Platinum. It's not light years ahead, but it is ahead, IMHO. It gives Ford something to shoot for on their next redesign. Now the rest of the RAM, well....

I got to see a top trim 2019 Ram at a show last year, and it was pretty nice. I'd agree it's going to push Ford to do better, and I'd agree with your assessment that they're not light years ahead.

I also haven't seen the new GMs, but the design barely changed from the last gen models, and it was ugly then, so they didn't do themselves any favors this time around, IMO, at least design-wise.

I was under the impression 2021 was next generation

I wonder how much of a "next generation" it'll be.....obviously not a leap like the '14-15 (with a massive jump like aluminum), but I wonder if it'll be on the '08-'09 level "next gen" where it uses the same cab and everything else is different, or if it'll all be different?

2021 is suppose to be an all-new truck, at least it gets an all-new code. I'm somewhat doubtful it's all-new just yet since that's a relatively short turnaround for F-150 which typically run 8-10 years per generation. It could be a major MCE which would not be a surprise to me.

I do think GM left a ton of room for Ford and RAM however.

Edited by Assimilator