Chrysler 300 dead in 2020? Portal minivan going into production

silvrsvt

I also read on Automotive News that Charger and Challenger may go away after 2021. The Mopar insiders (basically the people on Allpar who know the most) say Automotive News is wrong. But I have a hard time seeing Charger and Challenger surviving much longer than that.

https://moparinsiders.com/the-charger-challenger-arent-going-anywhere/

Yes, because everybody wants a candy ass CUV or "pik-uhpa" truck for bugging animals in the back of it....

The cars ain't going anywhere, get over it.

Edited by Fgts

I also read on Automotive News that Charger and Challenger may go away after 2021. The Mopar insiders (basically the people on Allpar who know the most) say Automotive News is wrong. But I have a hard time seeing Charger and Challenger surviving much longer than that.

https://moparinsiders.com/the-charger-challenger-arent-going-anywhere/

I could see FCA simply continuing the Challenger and Charger with minimal changes until the demand fades away.

Dropping the 300 makes sense as they are sold in the same dealerships as the Charger. A more luxury orientated version of the charger can cover the 300's segment. The Charger and Challenger should be placed on a platform that can spawn a Chrysler CUV to make them cost effective and they can lean more on either sedans or CUV models as the market demand shifts and build them in the same plant which could give them the flexibility to do so.

I think the protal will be less minivan and more like a Buick Encore as it reaches production. After all, the Flex lost its sliding doors between concept an production.

Dropping the 300 makes sense as they are sold in the same dealerships as the Charger. A more luxury orientated version of the charger can cover the 300's segment. The Charger and Challenger should be placed on a platform that can spawn a Chrysler CUV to make them cost effective and they can lean more on either sedans or CUV models as the market demand shifts and build them in the same plant which could give them the flexibility to do so.

I think the protal will be less minivan and more like a Buick Encore as it reaches production. After all, the Flex lost its sliding doors between concept an production.

Latest is 300 won't get dropped but redesigned on its current platform along with Charger/Challenger (aka: cheap to make) though don't expect it to retain it's current sedan profile. The Portal will be smaller then Pacifica but will be a minivan with 4 cly only with optional PHEV and optional autonomous drive. Edited by Fgts