Rumor mill

cecilmeyer

Man, every time I come on here its loaded with garbage. No wonder our union is losing its ass in every contract year, the rank and file let the BS, and the i heard and the word is blind them. Just stop and use common sense with crap like this

As far as buyouts there coming .How much and when is the question. Ask yourself this..Why would Ford want a legacy employee making top pay and benefits to stick around when they can hire a new person and pay them far less and have no pension liability like senior employees plus the Union has to pick up our medical care. Also every year a legacy employee stays past 30 years is an additional $50.00 a month in pension costs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My guess and it is only a guess is assemblers,and all plants unless those plants have hardly any legacy employees. At CAP we have about 250 people in production with 25 years or more.

there is still a lot of legacy between 17 and 25 yrs at CAP. I'd be happy with some sort of early retirement with my 19 (wishfull thinkin). We go down in March come back to 1 shift at first maybe 2nd a week or 2 later but no more C crew, A lot of people with 10yr or less will be lucky if they get called back unless they have a sweet deal for us legacy.

there is still a lot of legacy between 17 and 25 yrs at CAP. I'd be happy with some sort of early retirement with my 19 (wishfull thinkin). We go down in March come back to 1 shift at first maybe 2nd a week or 2 later but no more C crew, A lot of people with 10yr or less will be lucky if they get called back unless they have a sweet deal for us legaSorry

Sorry I did not intend to imply that there are only 250 legacy people.I think we have about 1200 plus legacy at CAP

Sorry I did not intend to imply that there are only 250 legacy people.I think we have about 1200 plus legacy at CAP

Oh I knew what you were saying I was just adding to it, you're right there's about 250 with 25+ yr and yes about 1200 legacy total. Enough to run 1 shift, which is what will we'll come back to after retooling. So basically anyone who isn't legacy, won't be called back to work right away. Should go by seniority, it should, but I have yet to see anything work in Chicago like it should. I would just like a decent pension buyout so I can get out before my body falls apart.

Oh I knew what you were saying I was just adding to it, you're right there's about 250 with 25+ yr and yes about 1200 legacy total. Enough to run 1 shift, which is what will we'll come back to after retooling. So basically anyone who isn't legacy, won't be called back to work right away. Should go by seniority, it should, but I have yet to see anything work in Chicago like it should. I would just like a decent pension buyout so I can get out before my body falls apart.

I could not agree more!!! I can only hope the 130k buyout plus pension is true for me LOl . Still the 25 year full pension plus 30k is still a great deal. I would have taken that when I had 25. Hope all the good rumors are true for all who would benefit.

• Like 1

so Ford will be down sizing, some plants will offer transfers but here in Chicago they're rolling over like 300 tpter's at the same time they're idling plants. Kinda lowers the jobs available for transfers to Chicago. Seems rather shady to me, especially when they're saying we're going down for retooling. Sending people to Detroit for training with only 5-6 yrs when they won't be called back to start the line till after all the seniority above them has been called back, unless there's some back end deal the local made with the company to allow a select few low seniority back before higher seniority workers. This really doesn't make sense, not that the ever made sense. That and local elections coming after retooling then a contract to vote on, Oh 2019 is going to be an entertaining year. We should hold a best "rumor" of the year contest.

I could not agree more!!! I can only hope the 130k buyout plus pension is true for me LOl . Still the 25 year full pension plus 30k is still a great deal. I would have taken that when I had 25. Hope all the good rumors are true for all who would benefit.

Have 94, I’d take it. To good to be true
  • Like 1