Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

ice-capades

Per Ford's announcement today to all Ford dealerships...

The New Ford Customer Vehicle Order Tracking Website

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

SUMMARY
We are announcing the Customer Vehicle Order Tracking website has launched. Ford has developed an online order tracking application that will allow customers to check on the status of their Ford retail order. The website can track the order through five (5) statuses that align with the Primary statuses in Vehicle Visibility. The expectation is the customer can get on demand information about their order without having to call the Sales Consultant or the Customer Relationship Center.

ORDER STATUS
When the customer enters the VIN, they will see one of the following five (5) order statuses and corresponding information:

• In Order Processing

Your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date will be provided in the upper-left corner of the home page. Be sure to view the Vehicle Summary section and learn about the features on your vehicle.

• In Production

Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.

• Awaiting Shipment

Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer.
This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle.

• In Transit

Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built. This is a great time to explore "Ford Accessories" to see how you can personalize your vehicle. Don't forget to add comments to the short survey so we can enhance the Order Tracking Site.

• Delivered

Your vehicle has arrived at the dealership and should be ready for pick up in a few days. Your dealership will be able to provide the specific date and time for delivery.

Website supports 2018 Model Year Ford vehicles (excluding Ford GT) and will pick up with 2019 Model Year Ford vehicles when they launch.

KEY POINTS

•  Ford vehicles only – Excludes Lincolns
  •  Retail orders only
  •  2018 & 2019 Model Year vehicles as they are available
  •  Excludes Ford GT vehicles
  •  Requires VIN to track – a VIN that is not scheduled may produce an error message
  •  Website link: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the new site only provides the basic information for 5 status categories. It takes the dealership ETA and assumes it will be delivered on or about that date but doesn't provide incremental status updates and probably doesn't get adjusted for delays, etc. And unless it's a retail order, the new site won't provide any information for customer's vehicles that may have been ordered as stock units to expedite scheduling prior to an Okay to Buy status being achieved. The best case scenario is a dealership that provides status updates to customers, although we know how rare that is from all the BOF posts!

User DukeGaGa over on mustang6g.com created an automatic COTUS checker (a python script) that gives email updates when the status changes. It is located here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/automatic-cotus-checker.93875/

I'm guessing that he would be willing to share the python script source with the creators of this latest tool from Ford...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure what's worse, no information or bad information.  My dates have passed for my 2019 Mustang (ordered 11/1) with no up dates for 30 days.  This morning this is what i saw:

"We are currently experiencing a supplier parts shortage and are working hard to resolve the issue. We hope to have your order back on track by late April. Please check back for a status update on your vehicle at that time. Also, we recommend you continue to stay in touch with your dealer for any information that may come available. Thank you very much for your patience. Your order is very important to us and we are excited to deliver your new Ford as quickly as possible"

34 minutes ago, KenC said:

Not sure what's worse, no information or bad information.  My dates have passed for my 2019 Mustang (ordered 11/1) with no up dates for 30 days.  This morning this is what i saw:

"We are currently experiencing a supplier parts shortage and are working hard to resolve the issue. We hope to have your order back on track by late April. Please check back for a status update on your vehicle at that time. Also, we recommend you continue to stay in touch with your dealer for any information that may come available. Thank you very much for your patience. Your order is very important to us and we are excited to deliver your new Ford as quickly as possible"

It’s a steering wheel shortage.   There are about 8000 mustangs built and waiting to be shipped as soon as the wheels arrive.   That has been happening for the last 2 weeks I think so it should be too much longer.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s a steering wheel shortage.   There are about 8000 mustangs built and waiting to be shipped as soon as the wheels arrive.   That has been happening for the last 2 weeks I think so it should be too much longer.

No, it's been going on since mid February 

Thanks, 2 comments WRT Order tracking system, mine still says scheduled 2/15 for In production and 3/8 delivery, bit no updated dates.  VVR says in production, but no movement or delivery dates.  I know about steering wheels, but can't they update system to reflect actual status now?  Strike at steering wheel plant has been over a while!

Edited by KenC

3 minutes ago, KenC said:

Thanks, 2 comments WRT Order tracking system, mine still says scheduled 2/15 for In production and 3/8 delivery, bit no updated dates.  VVR says in production, but no movement or delivery dates.  I know about steering wheels, but can't they update system to reflect actual status now?  Strike at steering wheel plant has been over a while!

That’s a pretty unusual event and not something the tracking system is really set up to handle.

Just now, akirby said:

Clearing the backlog has been going on since mid February?

Slowly yes. They've had a truck come in every now and then since it started. It's gotten more consistent in the last 2 weeks though. Still a TON of cars scattered throughout the grounds waiting on steering wheels. They've had people working on Saturdays on a voluntary basis to get them fixed and inspected to ship them out.