Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

• Custom Search

HotRunrGuy

any whispering about AWD for 2020?

I'm thinking there may be that option, yes. I'm also thinking that the 2020 model will be all-new redesigned. There's a show next week in Hannover, Germany where a new 2-tonne Transit van will be debut along with electrified Transit 48-volt MHEV and new Transit Custom PHEV too. The vans shown will likely be European-market only at this time. But this could mean that there may be a Transit van reveal at one of the upcoming auto shows for the 2020 model year. Hopefully AWD/4x4 will be revealed as option. I wonder if Ford plans on bringing the midsize Transit Custom here? We already know that the Transit Connect will soon be made in Detroit to make it easier to convert some to autonomous driving systems.

https://www.businessvans.co.uk/van-news/new-2-tonne-ford-transit-to-make-debut-at-hannover-show/

The 2020 Transit is a mild update with a focus on new drivetrains and transmissions. I'm not aware of AWD, although I have an Uncle who converted his to AWD because Ford doesn't offer it in the US.

2019-ford-transit-spy-photo.jpg

Edited by Assimilator

I may be wrong on this ...

There are actually TWO versions of the Transit platform (or at least there used to be). One is RWD. That is what we have in the US. It also has a longer nose to better accommodate Vee engines. The other is FWD/AWD and will not handle anything more than a 4 cylinder engine.

I haven't seen one yet, or had a chance to check, but I'd expect that Quigley probably offers an aftermarket AWD conversion for the Transit, similar to what they offered on the Econoline series for many years.