New to Me, Pre-Owned 2016 SEL

transitman

I've wanted an Edge since they came out, but couldn't justify spending the cash for all the features I wanted. Since I retired, I have a lot of time to search the interweb for things and stuff and I found one well within my price range. It's a 2016, FWD, SEL, Panoramic roof, 27,242 miles, very clean, except for some very minor interior scrapes on the lower portion of the drivers door where they pushed it open with their shoe, and a scrape on the right front bumper. They were asking $21,500. It was a California car, business lease, bought at the Southern Cal auction and sold in Tempe, AZ. Many of the Edge's in the Phoenix area, with this mileage, were going for 23-26K, so I wondered why this was priced so low. The salesman said it was because of the scrape, but he offered to have it repaired and painted and it looks perfect. I just returned from a 5000 mile road trip and the car ran great. I drove from AZ to MN through southern Colorado, Pikes Peak, Wyoming, Black Hills and 2 lane Hwy 4 across S Dakota to MN. Drove around the Twin Cities, up to Duluth and Interstate home to AZ. Overall, I averaged 30.3 mpg's for the entire trip, which I was very pleased with. In the Phoenix area, there are a lot of big trucks, semi's and everyone drives really fast, so I like the higher profile from my Fusion, plus I can now take trips into the desert without clearance issues.

I traded a 2017 Fusion and have no regrets, the Edge is so much more vehicle, better visibility, more cabin room and plenty of space for cargo.

Edited by transitman

You will like your Edge more as time goes on. We recently purchased a new 2018 Titanium to replace our 2009 Limited. The 09 was a great SUV and had no problems in our nearly 10 years together. We sold it ourselves and got about $2000 more than we could have received by trading it in.

The 2018 has the 302A package and it does everything with ease and is a vehicle that we like more every time we drive it.

Congrats on the 2016 SEL I am sure you will enjoy it for many years!

• Like 1

I have an appointment to have my trans flushed and filled, no filter change. I bought the car with 27242 miles and after my trip, it now has 32150. I have had more than one hard shift, including on a flat surface, trans warm. I know it can go 50000 miles, I feel it never hurts to change fluids, but this ain’t cheap, am I wasting my money?

• 3 months later...

I traded a 2007 Milan for a 2016 Edge.  I really like the Edge, although the seat side bolsters are a bit tight for me.

One thing new owners need to know, the A pillars and especially the B pillar make large blind spot !  My exterior mirrors have the little inset mirror for wide angle.  You DEFINITELY need to use them when changing lanes !

That and the "trunk" need better lighting !

• Like 1