Buyouts posted at FRAP?

DSPF150

No buyouts announced yet, but they are coming. We are probably going to one shift and they need to move as many people out as possible. Ford is scrambling to get their finances in order and cut every cost possible. They will probably cut all South American and European operations in the next 2 years to save money, but word from the Glass House is that Ford is burning through their available cash (around 25 Billion) so fast that trying to finance all the new models, electrics and autonomous models that are 2-3 years away might bankrupt them because of their enormous debt. The Ford family has all their wealth wrapped up in Ford stock, and with it falling under $10 a share, they are getting desperate. Market share is shrinking fast and will accelerate with all sedans going away within 18 months. Profits have been cut in half and it would only take 1 major recall or lawsuit to see profit cut by 75%. Ford has already spun off their electric and autonomous division into a new company, and getting to cut our pensions and contracts by going bankrupt and putting all their cash into the new company will soon look like a good option to them. The family controls the company and almost half of all stock, and they only care about themselves. We are getting dangerously close to 2007 territory again, and if you realize Ford's most profitable vehicle, the F-150 is consistently sold with up to $11,000 rebates to get them off the lots, all it would take is a small economic downturn and they couldn't move them with 15-20K rebates. The billions it would take (8-15) to stop production in South America & Europe, and drastically reduce it in China, coupled with low profit in the USA and retooling & development cost for new products in the next 2 years, and the cost of buying out all the employees would exceed all their cash reserves. They can't mortgage everything again like 10 years ago, and no one will give them enough credit to get by this time. The people in the Glass House are getting very worried and the media and Wall Street are noticing and starting to comment about the possibility of Ford going broke. This turnaround will take at least 2 years and we may run out of time and money before that. We will become a much smaller company in either case, with probably a third fewer workers within 3 years. I don't like our chances in the upcoming contract, the union will probably sell us out the worst they ever have!

Edited by deflep1
  • Like 1

Where do you get your info deflep 1 ?

"The billions it would take to stop production in South America"? Have you missed the news about Venezuela? Military Coooo? No production there for about a year. Citizens are fleeing at levels that the bordering countries are passing immigration laws to reduce the refugees being allowed in. China? You must not do any international reading on trade issues. China has upwards of 90 auto/farm manufacturing facilities currently. The government is issuing vouchers to the citizens of the providences that have these facilities to support their jobs by purchasing only the units produced in their facility. In short China is in a full blown crisis with inventory they cant give away. As for the American, German and other Chinese partnership adventures the Chinese government is all but officially halting production in the partnership facilities to reduce that competition to their products.

deflep 1, are you a IUAW rep? prepping the Flat Rock members to do the "we will get product" dance in the next contract dance? Are you one that thinks Hackumms Huddle is like a burning bush? Over 55 BILLION in the last two contract is what Ford/IUAW salted away with your help, "Ford is scrambling to get their finances in order?" I guess so its not easy digging holes in the backyard to hide one billion much less 55 BILLION. Now because Hackumm is in the need to buy run down property to park no driver needed units and grow trees to hug he even is saying oh... umm.. we will lose a BILLION DOLLARS because of tariffs... we have to buy high priced American Steal... deflep 1 you buying into this or just want to keep that job at the glass house?

"Rebates of $11K on F150`s?" "Word from the Glass House" really :thumbsup:

Remember all that stuff about what Flat Rock would be getting, you know the MKS, Taurus and the Explorer before the last thing your fellow Rep`s called the best they could get contract? Oh, and how Russia was going to take over all the CD6 platform units? How Venezuela was going to get ALL CAP`s work... and on and on and on... stop runnin scared deflep 1 :arrive_alive:

The Ford family has their wealth tied up in $10 common shares...? :lol2:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Ford got Mark Fields finances in order too. All the way till 2020...

"Mark Fields, the former CEO of Ford who was ousted as the company's stock price slid near 40% of its value during his tenure, could see a payout of $57.5 million, according to Bloomberg"

"The news service reported that Fields, who was replaced this week by former Steelcase CEO Jim Hackett, will receive unvested stock awards valued at $29.4 million and "is entitled to $17.5 million in retirement benefits, plus stock options worth $8.1 million and an estimated prorated incentive bonus of about $2.1 million."

"The unvested stock awards "will vest through 2020, with the majority tied to performance goals," Bloomberg reported."

deflep 1, try looking into the different levels of commodities that are held and offered by multi billion dollar corporations. You will find that family shares are way different from our shares or common stock. ANNNND you and I cant even purchase it.

By the way the sky isn`t falling deflep 1.... nope this same thread kicks up ever 4 years.

Edited by Decker

Where do you get your info deflep 1 ?

"The billions it would take to stop production in South America"? Have you missed the news about Venezuela? Military Coooo? No production there for about a year. Citizens are fleeing at levels that the bordering countries are passing immigration laws to reduce the refugees being allowed in. China? You must not do any international reading on trade issues. China has upwards of 90 auto/farm manufacturing facilities currently. The government is issuing vouchers to the citizens of the providences that have these facilities to support their jobs by purchasing only the units produced in their facility. In short China is in a full blown crisis with inventory they cant give away. As for the American, German and other Chinese partnership adventures the Chinese government is all but officially halting production in the partnership facilities to reduce that competition to their products.

deflep 1, are you a IUAW rep? prepping the Flat Rock members to do the "we will get product" dance in the next contract dance? Are you one that thinks Hackumms Huddle is like a burning bush? Over 55 BILLION in the last two contract is what Ford/IUAW salted away with your help, "Ford is scrambling to get their finances in order?" I guess so its not easy digging holes in the backyard to hide one billion much less 55 BILLION. Now because Hackumm is in the need to buy run down property to park no driver needed units and grow trees to hug he even is saying oh... umm.. we will lose a BILLION DOLLARS because of tariffs... we have to buy high priced American Steal... deflep 1 you buying into this or just want to keep that job at the glass house?

"Rebates of $11K on F150`s?" "Word from the Glass House" really :thumbsup:

Remember all that stuff about what Flat Rock would be getting, you know the MKS, Taurus and the Explorer before the last thing your fellow Rep`s called the best they could get contract? Oh, and how Russia was going to take over all the CD6 platform units? How Venezuela was going to get ALL CAP`s work... and on and on and on... stop runnin scared deflep 1 :arrive_alive:

The Ford family has their wealth tied up in $10 common shares...? :lol2:

I'm not a union rep, just a concerned line worker. They still have contracts with South America and ship cars there. Ford is actively looking to partner up with VW for South American & European business because they can't afford it any more. GM got out because they were losing money in both places. There are plenty of dealerships in the metro Detroit area that have up to 11K rebates on F-150's. We have the highest rebates in the country, just Google Ford rebates for this area. I'm not worried about where all the products are going, only that Ford has enough cash to make it through a downturn. That 55 billion profit they made in 8 years has only 25 billion left in available cash, and it is shrinking fast. Have you not watched a financial channel lately and heard how half the auto reporters are very worried about Ford's cash burn and with them spending 20-30 billion in the next three years on new products, R&D, retooling and such, they could be cutting it very close if profits continue to tumble. CNBC reported Ford could be down to just 10-12 billion in cash reserves by the end of next year. Toyota has over 100 billion in cash reserves, we should have 65-75 billion, but we're nowhere close. The Ford family has both preferred and common stock, but look at how many shares they own as compared to everyone outside the family, it's ridiculous! If two thirds or more of your net worth is tied up in family stock, then that's a problem. I know lots of people in the Glass house and a few high up execs. I helped build a few of their houses. When they tell me Ford is in crisis mode and desperate to stop the cash burn, that's hardly a plant rumor or gossip. Their bonds are 1 step above junk status, their profits are cut in half, their stock is at a ten year low with the stock market at an all time high. They would have a hard time borrowing money if they really needed it, so they don't want their cash reserves falling too low. If you only have 10 billion in reserve you can still make it, but if you need to spend 20 billion in the short term to stay competitive, even with good profit you could run out of cash. If no one wants to buy your stock and you can't borrow cash, you're in trouble. Maybe in Chicago automotive financials aren't talked about on the news all the time, but here in southeast Michigan, it's discussed all the time and constantly in the papers. Ford is soon set to spend more money on new products than they ever have at a time when they are burning through cash at a record pace. We have an idiot as CEO and the top management is only concerned with themselves. I wasn't running scared in 2006 when I said we could go bankrupt in the next 2 years, it almost happened. I'm not running scared now, either. The public and Wall Street have given up on us. Our employees still buy a large majority of company stock and Ford vehicles, but the rest of the country is buying less and less every day. Have you noticed how negative a majority of comments are on any Ford articles online? Lots of people hate us and our products and want us to go bankrupt. That's a huge problem. We can survive, but will end up a much smaller company within a few years, and that might be ok.

• Like 1

Took your advice deflep 1, Google results listed a $4250 rebate with financing requirements on the F150 two door XLT. (far from the favored model or package) Every other offer was less and all had the financing requirement to use Ford credit. These rebates are far from unusual for the balance out period. 2018 MY are the only units with any type of rebate, typical. I couldn`t fine any Metro Detroit special incentives offered to concerned line workers to get the total up to that referred to 11K.

As for your reference to export contracts, CAP knows all about shipping to South America, Canada, Middle East, Europe, South Africa, Russia and yes...China. Our export operators have been able to work seven days a week going on seven years.(even during all the bullshit rumors)

Toyota announced yesterday the reduction and possible halting of production in England do to the exit of EU. As in any business move, it all comes too, profit. Ford and GM were stung and will be stung again from their partnerships that haven`t proven beneficial all over this global market. Just one partnership alone in Venezuela cost untold billions, now roll in the Russia partnership that to date hasn`t turned a profit and financial reports that have no projected dates it ever will and the Chinese partnership well, just look at where that is going. One thing that ECON 101 has proven time and time again, you can make your donuts anywhere but the bottom line only looks good when you sell the dam things. China has a number of civilians that the "Glass Housers" sees as potential donut buyers but with all the heavy breathing going on thinking about the up and coming financial climax the glass in the glass house gets all fogged up, not able to see the facts about the Chinese masses not having the potential finances or ability to buy the donuts wasn`t picked up by the glass house crew. Now where are the partnerships, (again) well China is doing as they`ve done in the past and the vouchers are handed out. South America don`t call us we will call you. Russia... buy American yeah right. Sorry glass house grew you`ll have to find another way to climax.

"I know lots of people in the Glass house and a few high up excecs. I helped build a few of there houses. When they tell me Ford is in crisis mode and desperate to stop the cash burn, that's hardly a plant rumor or plant gossipppppp :hysterical::lol2:

Believe me I tried to play along.. :hysterical: .as so many know here it doesn't take much to get the decker rambling.... but I`v heard this type of silly bullshit so many times, "I know people" - "I fix their" - "I give high up exces back rubs" sooo I know where this thread is going. Is that you Jimmy Settles ???

"lots of people hate us and our products and want us to go bankrupt"..... Take a hike deflep or Jimmy? :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker

One last thing I do agree with you on Jimmy, this Hacket guy is really another silly choice the glass house crew has made. He comes to Chicago to address a forum on the on going tensions and he starts by turning up tables and chairs looking for furniture manufacturing labels. Right there on staged... before he starts... then giggles and said ahhh Steelcase..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1