Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

Stonecoldtx

Sync 3 and FordPass Connect

Hi, All--

I've been a member on here since 2005, when I ordered a new 2006 Mustang GT, but apparently my old posts no longer show up . . . so my post count starts again here . . .

I have a question regarding Sync 3 and FordPass Connect:

About 3 weeks ago, I ordered a new 2019 F250 XL, and went with the standard Audio that comes with the Power Package; I then found out that I will have a little extra money to spend, so I asked the dealer to add a couple of options--Sync 3 and FordPass Connect was among them.

Dealer submitted the order changes, and apparently they were accepted; the Sync 3 shows up on my list of options now when I track on COTUS, but the FordPass Connect option does NOT . . .

It also does not appear on the Window Sticker that has been generated by Ford, so I asked the dealer to look into it, and their Order Bank Manager confirmed that they did indeed receive the update, including FordPass Connect option, but as mentioned, it does not appear in my list of options on the tracking website, nor does it appear on the Window Sticker . . .

My question is this: If for some reason, they don't get it installed during the build process, is there an option to install it later?

Is it even needed on the build? The information I see on the Ford.com site regarding this option is that you receive a complimentary 5 year subscription to FordPass Connect . . .which seems to insinuate that perhaps I could just add the app to my phone, subscribe separately, and add the vehicle to the FordPass app, allowing me to use the features of FordPass Connect . . .

I need to know this, in order to determine whether I need to push to make sure it's installed during the build or not . . .

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Stonecoldtx

If you can post the VIN number or Window Sticker I'll take a look at it.

VIN: 1FT7X2A64KEC76499

I don't see a way to directly upload the Window Sticker . . .

Thanks!

Edited by Stonecoldtx

I've looked at both the Window Sticker and the Ford invoice as well as the 2019 F-Series Super Duty Pickup Order Guide. The FordPass Connect (87S) option requires SYNC 3 (913) according to the order guide. The vehicle was built with SYNC 3 but does not include the FordPass Connect option which is $225 in addition to SYNC 3 which is $450. Unless I've missed something, there's nothing in the order guide indicating that SYNC 3 includes FordPass Connection as they're separate options.

1FT7X2A64KEC76499_WS.pdf

Hi, Ice-capades--I think you may have misread or misunderstood my original post . . . everything you said, I already knew . . . can you please go back and re-read it?

Thanks!

No problem. I just wanted to make sure that you understood that your vehicle was built without the FordPass Connect option.

I just talked to my service department and they tell me that FordPass can be added afterwards. They've tried to do it on two customer vehicles lately but Ford keeps sending the wrong part! Our Parts Manager talked to Ford yesterday and is waiting for an answer as to why they keep sending the wrong parts!

Thanks! I just spoke to the dealer, and they found out that somehow, somebody missed the FordPass Connect option on the order form at Ford, and now the truck is "Locked In" . . . if it can be added after-the-fact, that is an option to me, but I have to believe parts availability would be poor for a 2019, and that the price of the parts and the labor charges would likely be FAR beyond the $225 MSRP of the option when ordering . . . did the Service Department tell you how much it would actually be?

Also, the Ford Order Bank manager asked about re-ordering, and the dealer has given me that option, with the only downside being that I won't get it as soon as I originally would have . . . so, I may go that route, and even get a different trim level . . .

Thanks! I just spoke to the dealer, and they found out that somehow, somebody missed the FordPass Connect option on the order form at Ford, and now the truck is "Locked In" . . . if it can be added after-the-fact, that is an option to me, but I have to believe parts availability would be poor for a 2019, and that the price of the parts and the labor charges would likely be FAR beyond the $225 MSRP of the option when ordering . . . did the Service Department tell you how much it would actually be?

Also, the Ford Order Bank manager asked about re-ordering, and the dealer has given me that option, with the only downside being that I won't get it as soon as I originally would have . . . so, I may go that route, and even get a different trim level . . .

The original order submission was most likely entered via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system which is a plain language system that displays all the available options where the Dealer selects all the desired options, etc. There is no "order form" to make changes to a scheduled order. The process to AVO (Alter Vehicle Order) a scheduled vehicle requires the Dealer to use the CONCEPS program which requires the user to actually enter the additional order codes (87S & 913) in the additions section. As such, they didn't miss anything on an order form, they just never entered the option code for the FordPass Connect Option. And if they'd entered only the order code for the FordPass Connect option, CONCEPS would have generated an error notice stating that it required the SYNC 3 option! Once the changes are submitted via CONCEPS it takes 2 days for the changes to process and for the Dealer to receive an updated DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) showing the updated vehicle configuration and pricing.

Unfortunately, I'm always amazed at how poor so may Dealers are at managing their order banks and making order changes such as yours. I've been managing my dealership's order bank for 32 years and order all our stock inventory, retail orders and fllet orders which are much more involved, including drop ship orders, fleet ID codes, Ford price concessions, etc.

I left the office a few hours ago but will check with my service department in the morning about the cost of the FordPass Connect part cost.

Hope this additional information helps!

Thanks, ice-capades--I am sure that the issue wasn't with the dealership entering the information properly, I have a full e-mail thread where he contacted the Order Bank Manager, who responded confirming that the options were shown, and then a a few days later, after I had sent a copy of the Window Sticker to the dealer to forward to him, saying this yesterday:

"Not sure what happened. At the time I took the screenshot below, it was there (highlighted in red), but now it's just not there when I look. And the truck is locked in since it's building this week, so I can't make any changes. It is possible I took the screenshot early, before the changes took, I am not sure. I was confident because the earlier changes took and I could see it in the list, but now it's not there--your customer is right.

Do I need to reorder? I don't think we are going to be able to add this one since it's building this week. Thanks and sorry."

I can forward the thread to you, if you PM an e-mail address to me . . .

Edited by Stonecoldtx

The guys in the service department tell me that the FordPass Connect part they've received is only about $80 but that's for the wrong part that Ford keeps sending. I was surprised considering that it's a $225 factory option. Aftermarket parts are usually 2-3 times the factory cost.

I'm told that the $85 part cost, which didn't sound right in the first place considering FordPass Connect is a $225 factory option, was for a different part unrelated to FordPass. I'm told that the cost of the FordPass Connect module is $345!

Thanks, man--I'm not surprised, considering the cost of the option on the order form . . . the dealer is going to re-order for me today, and I'm going with a Lariat, which comes with it standard, so no way to mess that option up!