ETIS not responding

DeeCee

I am trying to get a complete as built list on ETIS for my 2017 MKZ Hybrid. I used ETIS before to get the same info for my previous 2013 Fusion Hybrid. This time when I enter my MKZ VIN in ETIS I get a pop up window saying "We will check for outstanding service action. Please wait." Well I waited for over 15 minutes and nothing happened. Anyone else having a similar problem with ETIS?

I am trying to get a complete as built list on ETIS for my 2017 MKZ Hybrid. I used ETIS before to get the same info for my previous 2013 Fusion Hybrid. This time when I enter my MKZ VIN in ETIS I get a pop up window saying "We will check for outstanding service action. Please wait." Well I waited for over 15 minutes and nothing happened. Anyone else having a similar problem with ETIS?

Just take the VIN number to your local Ford Dealer. IIRC ETIS is a site for Ford's European vehicles.

ETIS usually works for US vehicles although sometimes it misidentifies the model (at one time everything was a Transit Connect).

Agree. Whenever I put in my ex Fusion VIN it would come up identified as a Transit Connect but all other info was correct for my Fusion. For some reason now it will not respond for my MKZ Hybrid VIN. Below is what comes up:

Outstanding Field Service Actions
We will check for outstanding service actions on your selected vehicle, using your detected country: United States

If this country is incorrect, please visit the preferences page and set your country before returning to this page.

Checking for outstanding actions... Please Wait!

We will check for outstanding service actions on your selected vehicle, using your detected country, if this is incorrect you may not see the right information.

We have detected that you are in the: United States

If this information is incorrect, click here to change your country.

missing.jpg
* Illustration shows model only

MKZ, 2.0L Duratec Hybrid (130kW), White Platinum

VIN Number: 3LN6L5MU9HR606500 Edited by DeeCee

Hi DeeCee. It works. And it works for U.S. Ford and Lincoln vehicles, although I'm not sure how many model years back you can go. I've used it in the past and just tried with the VIN to my 2018 MKZ to verify.

First, you need to be signed in. Then click on "Vehicle" in the top banner. Input your VIN and hit "Search". Then you need to hit the "+" signs to the right of "Primary Features" and "Minor Features" to expand for the build list.

Good luck.

Hi DeeCee. It works. And it works for U.S. Ford and Lincoln vehicles, although I'm not sure how many model years back you can go. I've used it in the past and just tried with the VIN to my 2018 MKZ to verify.

First, you need to be signed in. Then click on "Vehicle" in the top banner. Input your VIN and hit "Search". Then you need to hit the "+" signs to the right of "Primary Features" and "Minor Features" to expand for the build list.

Good luck.

I have used it, too, both with my Continental and Mustang. What do you mean by "sign in?" I thought only dealers or independent operators could register or sign in. I just always assumed that those individuals could get additional info that wouldn't be available to the average owner. Am I missing something?

I have used it, too, both with my Continental and Mustang. What do you mean by "sign in?" I thought only dealers or independent operators could register or sign in. I just always assumed that those individuals could get additional info that wouldn't be available to the average owner. Am I missing something?

Hi brucelinc. Certain basic functions can be accessed without ever registering. Next, an individual can register and access certain additional functions, such as what we are discussing here. And then, Dealers, independent operators and other Ford personnel can register with their Dealer codes etc, to access the full site, all site functions and information that isn't available to the average owner.

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Tried the register button but nothing happens. No screen comes up to enter any information. I don't remember having to register back in 2013 for my Fusion build info.

Hi DeeCee. Did you try hitting the "+" signs to the right of "Primary Features" and "Minor Features" to expand those sections for the build list as I mentioned above? That is what I need to do to get the full listing of vehicle features.

Concerning registering: If I click "Login or Register", I get two information boxes. One is for "Independent Operators". The other is for "Ford Dealers and Staff". You don't get those two boxes? You are trying this on your computer, not smartphone, correct?

To verify what I stated in my first post, I just tried inputting my VIN without signing in. Doing so only gets me the same boxes and lack of information you say you got ( a box stating "We will check for outstanding service action. Please wait". If I sign in, I get the full information that I have described in my first post.

Edited by bbf2530

I get no boxes after ,hitting the "login or Register: button. There is no "+" sign nor Primary Features or Minor Features. I have tried both Firefox and MS Edge browsers thinking one might be a problem but get the same non responsive display on both.

Hi DeeCee. Sorry, don't know where to go from here to help you. I am using Firefox.

If I do not sign in and click on "Vehicle" in the top banner, I get what you describe, a box stating "We will check for outstanding service action. Please wait" and nothing will happen.

If I click "Login or Register", I get the two boxes I described above to register or sign in as an "Independent Operator" or "Ford Dealers and Staff". Since I have registered previously, I then just sign in, can click on "Vehicle" in the top banner, input my VIN and get all the information ("Build" etc.) I've described, and you are looking for, by clicking on the "+" signs to expand the "Primary Features" and "Secondary Features" boxes.

For some reason, you're not getting those options. As far as I know, you must register to get access to all the build features. So with your inability to access the registration page, we've hit a road block.

I will research and post back if I find something that may help.

I have Ad Blocker but the pop up block is off. However I cycled the pop up block button and now on Etis I get two register pop ups. One if for Ford Dealers and Staff and the other is Independent Operators. However, on the Independent Operators I get this message: "Only individuals who have been allocated a registered account and authorized access to this website should proceed beyond this point.: Since I have not been allocated a registered account and authorized access, what do I do now?

I have Ad Blocker but the pop up block is off. However I cycled the pop up block button and now on Etis I get two register pop ups. One if for Ford Dealers and Staff and the other is Independent Operators. However, on the Independent Operators I get this message: "Only individuals who have been allocated a registered account and authorized access to this website should proceed beyond this point.: Since I have not been allocated a registered account and authorized access, what do I do now?

H DeeCee. Attempt to register. The worst that can happen is it does not allow you to.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

OK, I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks.

I tried it but I didn't get far. The first thing that showed up was :Ford ETIS Terms and Conditions for Registration. The killer was 2.1 which states " You warrant that you satisfy the Ford Owners condition: (a) You are an independent automotive service or repair business", which I am not. I give up!

Edited by DeeCee