Ford Confirms '19 Fiesta ST Line

Actually I think the base Fiesta has a great ride so I would be interested in this except I am assuming it only comes with that automatic, and that's a problem in terms of power to the wheels and reliability. Also a problem is I am assuming its the previous generation that is still being sold in the USA NOT the 7th Gen pictured above - While not a radical change the 7th Gen being sold in Europe has a much improved interior and I think a better looking exterior.

edit..."You'll be able to find it in both manual and automatic come October this year starting at $19,375 after destination charges." hmmmm.... Manual will be available.... interesting.

edit ... the picture in Auto Blog is the previous gen rear that is sold in the U.S. not the 7th Gen Fiesta that went on sale for the 2017 model year in England and thus it won't have this vastly improved interior.

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/overlays/fiesta-2017/fiesta-st-line-int3

Edited by Fordowner

Sorta...the LS was being phased out when the Zephyr came out.

I had a 2000, 2002, and 2005 Lincoln LS, followed by a 2007 MKZ. I actually liked the MKZ better because it had AWD and a transmission that wasn't awful. It actually handled better than the 2005 which they turned in to mush when they softened the suspension, the V8 wasn't that quick...but it was MUCH smoother compared to the 4.6L V8 we had until then. The MKZ definitely didn't look or feel as premium as the LS, but the interior was more exciting at the time, even if it looks completely ridiculous today.

Edited by Assimilator

One article said the ST Line will be available in October. The Ford Website still only shows a 2018 Fiesta. Is it safe to assume that the 2019 Fiesta is basically just for purposes of accommodating VIN #'s for cars built in 2019 and that other than this ST LIne there will be no changes? I'm interested in all this because I'm still driving my 2007 Mustang and my spouse has a 2014 Mustang. I just can't find the price/feature package in the current Mustang that makes me want the current Mustang, but I don't know if I can wait 3 years for all of Ford's replacement "vehicles" to be readily available. This ST Line Fiesta as a manual would be a great choice to bridge the 3 years, but I have a problem buying what is basically a 10 year old interior especially when I see how much better it has been in Europe since November 2016. Hope I can get 2 to 3 more years out of my 2007

Edited by Fordowner

One article said the ST Line will be available in October. The Ford Website still only shows a 2018 Fiesta. Is it safe to assume that the 2019 Fiesta is basically just for purposes of accommodating VIN #'s for cars built in 2019 and that other than this ST LIne there will be no changes? I'm interested in all this because I'm still driving my 2007 Mustang and my spouse has a 2014 Mustang. I just can't find the price/feature package in the current Mustang that makes me want the current Mustang, but I don't know if I can wait 3 years for all of Ford's replacement "vehicles" to be readily available. This ST Line Fiesta as a manual would be a great choice to bridge the 3 years, but I have a problem buying what is basically a 10 year old interior especially when I see how much better it has been in Europe since November 2016. Hope I can get 2 to 3 more years out of my 2007

Just curious to know what it is that you can't find in the 2019 Mustang regarding price and features to meet your needs?

Just curious to know what it is that you can't find in the 2019 Mustang regarding price and features to meet your needs?

I've constantly been pulling up area Ford Dealers' 2017 inventory but it seems like everything is the V8 which gets to expensive or the ecoboost with the 100A package that I don't like because of the radio/stripped down interior. The few remaining ecoboosts that have the touch screen are mostly the premium ecoboost which are hitting GT pricing. There are not a lot of base ecoboosts with the 101 package out there and the few there are have low discounts. And once I start hitting the 30k mark on a car i'd really like to have pedestrian avoidance features.

btw i really think the different grill on the California Edition improves the look of the Mustang greatly but it is only going to be a V-8. Also I'm curious about these white space vehicles and a hybrid Mustang so don't want to make a major investment now. I suppose another option would be to lease a Mustang or even one of the remaining Foci for 3 years.

Yea sorry Akirby and JasonJ80, my response was too long. Building the Ecoboost Mustang on the Website and only adding an automatic, Sync 3 radio and Pedestrian Detection pushes the price on Mustangs to $31,460 before 6% Georgia Sales taxes and dealer costs so we are talking around $34,000. Too expensive for me

Yea sorry Akirby and JasonJ80, my response was too long. Building the Ecoboost Mustang on the Website and only adding an automatic, Sync 3 radio and Pedestrian Detection pushes the price on Mustangs to $31,460 before 6% Georgia Sales taxes and dealer costs so we are talking around $34,000. Too expensive for me

Why on earth are you looking at MSRP? You can get a $5K - $6K discount off MSRP right now. As an example (slightly different options but same MSRP):

https://www.mallofgeorgiaford.com/new/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-3c7a91750a0e0a6b667789e91c5a7392.htm?searchDepth=2:30

That's what I was doing to look for a good price - looking at left over 18's on the lot. But thanks, somehow Mall of GA Ford was not on my list so thanks, because while the yellow and base radio/center stack are a deal breaker they do have an 18 Mustang that fits the bill and has $8,000 off - so I sent them a request for an e quote. 1st time i've done that

https://www.mallofgeorgiaford.com/new/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-3c7bf1130a0e0a6b667789e9ad47b953.htm?searchDepth=3:30

Check this one out - Chestatee is where I bought my truck - they're fantastic.

https://www.chestateeford.com/new-Dahlonega-2018-Ford-Mustang-EcoBoost+Premium-1FA6P8TH3J5178694

Thanks, I really like those black rims. But the Mall of GA mustang has a substantially upgraded radio and because they list a higher discount off the bat it's listed at $1,000 under the Dahlonega one, but I will keep that one in mind. Anyone know if with these discounts there is more to be gained using X-Plan? I can get an X plan # through the Ford Shares I own.

Edited by Fordowner

Thanks, I really like those black rims. But the Mall of GA mustang has a substantially upgraded radio and because they list a higher discount off the bat it's listed at $1,000 under the Dahlonega one, but I will keep that one in mind. Anyone know if with these discounts there is more to be gained using X-Plan? I can get an X plan # through the Ford Shares I own.

You can get any available incentives you are eligible for with X-plan, though you might be able to negotiate a better price without x-plan. Talk to a dealer
  • Like 1