Next Generation Ecosport Spied

Bronco is supposed to start Q4 2020 and will be a 2021MY. The delay stems from the various back to the drawing board revisions until they could get the design right.

This could have changed but last I heard it was a 2021MY.

Sorry but according to Fords own website and every press release since they announce its return says its a 2020 model.

https://m.ford.com/suvs/bronco/

I still think the Maverick is still going to be C based and not B based-esp if the Ecosport and Courier are going to be same size (The Ecosport) and Courier will be slightly smaller then the Ecosport.

The interesting thing is that you would think that we would be seeing Maverick mules by now-it's supposed to hit the market in less than 24 months or so.

If Maverick is a C2 vehicle, it probably was co-developed with Escape so you wouldn't see any Maverick specific mules - those hacked up mules with current gen Escape body from 18 months ago could have been the engineering mules for Escape/Corsair/Maverick triplets.

We've already seen the Escape and Corsair prototypes so Maverick prototypes are probably just hitting the streets now. We should see it soon.

Edited by bzcat

Sorry but according to Fords own website and every press release since they announce its return says its a 2020 model.

https://m.ford.com/suvs/bronco/

The header on website says coming in 2020, you'd need a solid week to fix all the errors Ford has on the website, people don't proof copy on it that is for sure. Unless something has drastically changed the past 2 months it will start production in a little over 2 years in late 4Q 2020, legally they can only produce 2020MY until the end of 2020, so you'd end up with 4-6 weeks of 2020 production before the 2021 would by law need would need to start. The Bronco is also on the new BOF architecture which caused a bit of delay, Bronco is a 2021MY and new Ranger comes 9 months later as a 2022MY.

The header on website says coming in 2020, you'd need a solid week to fix all the errors Ford has on the website, people don't proof copy on it that is for sure. Unless something has drastically changed the past 2 months it will start production in a little over 2 years in late 4Q 2020, legally they can only produce 2020MY until the end of 2020, so you'd end up with 4-6 weeks of 2020 production before the 2021 would by law need would need to start. The Bronco is also on the new BOF architecture which caused a bit of delay, Bronco is a 2021MY and new Ranger comes 9 months later as a 2022MY.

"This new generation 2020 Bronco."

Every single press release remotely pertaining to the Bronco says its a 2020 model. The MAP Body/Stamping plant chairman keeps telling us the Bronco launches late next year. Despite my problems with the Union I believe that over any other "insider" info.

... legally they can only produce 2020MY until the end of 2020, so you'd end up with 4-6 weeks of 2020 production before the 2021 would by law need would need to start.

Not true, they can build "2020" models into the new year, my 2006 Ford Fusion SE I purchased new in July of 2007 was built in April of 2007. What that cannot do is sell "over" a year of actual model year...for example, if they wanted to sell a 2021 model, they have to wait until January 1st 2020 to begin marketing a 2021 model.

Edited by twintornados

"This new generation 2020 Bronco."

Every single press release remotely pertaining to the Bronco says its a 2020 model. The MAP Body/Stamping plant chairman keeps telling us the Bronco launches late next year. Despite my problems with the Union I believe that over any other "insider" info.

The rugged new Bronco will be a midsize SUV, and will be part of the global Ford vehicle portfolio in 2020. - https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/vehicle-type/suv/The-Ford-Bronco-is-Coming-Back.html

Rugged all-new Ford Bronco midsize SUV returns in 2020 as a global vehicle; both Bronco and Ranger to be built at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant - https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/01/09/f-150-bronco-ranger-city-of-tomorrow.html

Every single press release has said it is coming in 2020 not that it is a 2020MY.

Edited by jasonj80

Not true, they can build "2020" models into the new year, my 2006 Ford Fusion SE I purchased new in July of 2007 was built in April of 2007. What that cannot do is sell "over" a year of actual model year...for example, if they wanted to sell a 2021 model, they have to wait until January 1st 2020 to begin marketing a 2021 model.

Not possible. The 2007 Fusion started production in July 2006, therefore the last 2006 model was built in June or July 2006.

You can not build a 2017MY vehicle in CY2018 it is illegal under VIN assignment rules. 2017 vehicle production ended Dec 31, 2017. A 2017MY vehicle could be build until Dec 31st, 2017. Your car would be a 2007/2008 if it had a April 2007 production date; If not Ford would be in huge trouble.

You can not build a 2017MY vehicle in CY2018 it is illegal under VIN assignment rules. 2017 vehicle production ended Dec 31, 2017. A 2017MY vehicle could be build until Dec 31st, 2017. Your car would be a 2007/2008 if it had a April 2007 production date; If not Ford would be in huge trouble.

It's either a 2007 or it was built in April 2006 not April 2007.

• Like 2

Do me a favor. Go back and look at a 2017 Escape order guide, then look at the 2019 version and tell me there isn't less content being offered than before.

Exactly! I still cant get over that they eliminated the LED taillights on the 19. Its downright sad how they manage to decontent things. Really seems to be a US thing too GM does it, but Honda, Mazda, Toyota manage to add little content features from year to year and they wonder why they gain share.