Next Generation Ecosport Spied

Given the lack of physical changes (i.e. weird gaps in sheet metal etc)-couldn't this just be a Fiesta Active variant?

That's was my first thought... some sort of Fiesta Active update rather than EcoSport (maybe an actual AWD Fiesta Active).

The EcoSport mule was spotted before with sheet metal extension and hacked up rear end (see below). This latest vehicle has no sheet metal changes so hard to say what it is testing. Also noticed the previous one had 5 lug wheels while the new photo has 4 lug wheels from Fiesta (Active).

These two are EcoSport mule:

ford-baby-suv-mule-12-copy-1.jpg

ford-baby-suv-mule-7-copy-1.jpg

These two are Fiesta Active:

ford-b-suv-mule-4-1.jpg

7ef5d94d-86ac-490a-b725-7bc421f54ad3.jpg

Edited by bzcat

That's was my first thought... Fiesta Active rather than EcoSport.

It's either Fiesta Active prototype or EcoSport mule. Depends on if your glass is half full or half empty.

That's what I think. I saw on Indian sites that the next generation of the Ecosport would have Mahindra platform to lower costs. Or maybe this could be the Maverick.

I doubt that the next EcoSport would have a Mahindra platform; by all accounts, the Mahindra partnership is only to develop cars in a class unique to India (sub-4m, IIRC). It seems highly unlikely that you'll see a product of that cooperation outside of South Asia.

Possibly the next Figo, that vehicle is becoming more popular in Asia.

Edited by jpd80

I wonder if there's a new EcoSport (the new pictures without chopped up Fiesta) for ROW, and the US/Europe EcoSport replacement that's a little bigger (the chopped up one in bzcat's photos)?

More likely one is EcoSport and one is Baby Bronco.

Like Borg said, Ford has so many small crossovers its impossible to tell whats what when were dealing with these very early mules.

• Like 2

I still think the Maverick is still going to be C based and not B based-esp if the Ecosport and Courier are going to be same size (The Ecosport) and Courier will be slightly smaller then the Ecosport.

The interesting thing is that you would think that we would be seeing Maverick mules by now-it's supposed to hit the market in less than 24 months or so.

I still think the Maverick is still going to be C based and not B based-esp if the Ecosport and Courier are going to be same size (The Ecosport) and Courier will be slightly smaller then the Ecosport.

The interesting thing is that you would think that we would be seeing Maverick mules by now-it's supposed to hit the market in less than 24 months or so.

You would think we would have seen Bronco mules by now when its about a year out from production but the pilot plant hasnt built any yet.

I thought we saw some already?

You would think we would have seen Bronco mules by now when its about a year out from production but the pilot plant hasnt built any yet.

Didn't we see chopped up Everests?

Wonder if theyre running them down under...

Possibly but unlikely since Ford NA is lead on the program.

My guess is they will take the 2015 Mustang approach to prototypes and only drive them under cover of night. They might even try to buy spy photos before they get published.

I also wonder if theyre hiding in plain sight disguised as something else and nobody (not even the people at the Pilot Plant) has caught onto it.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo