Job 1 for 2019 Lincoln Nautilus

NNRT

17 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

E'man, the factory gets shut down for a week and things generally get a little slow this time of year. But you might do a little internet search to see if something in your configuration (or close enough to suit) might be sitting around on a lot somewhere within 500 miles or so. Your dealer then might be able to do a swap. Alternatively, there might be another dealer who had put in an amendable order for lot sales a month or so ago, which would advance delivery by about a month (I lucked out that way with my order, which was amended a month ago and got built last week). But two months out on a factory order is about right. Something over a month to get in queue to build and a couple or three weeks to have it inspected and shipped.

Yes , I am aware. When I ordered my 16 MKX it was 5 weeks from order to delivery. That is not the norm. Dealer is telling me that nautilus are just barely trickling in . Plant working much slower in production and shipping. 

13 minutes ago, escapeman said:

Yes , I am aware. When I ordered my 16 MKX it was 5 weeks from order to delivery. That is not the norm. Dealer is telling me that nautilus are just barely trickling in . Plant working much slower in production and shipping. 

That's not that unusual early on in a new model launch. Don't forget even though most of the structural parts didn't change both Nautilus (MKX) and Edge are new models this year. 

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Nice Gary - looks really sharp in White (and I don't usually say that about white vehicles)!

Thanks, Allen!  It’s Ceramic Pearl and has quite a gray cast. Seems to look different in varying light sources. I haven’t seen it in bright sun yet. Should bring out more of the pearlescent quality. 

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

I thought it looked a bit different than the old standard white platinum.  Maybe that’s what is on the new Aviator as well.

I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something different about the Lincoln pearlescent white over the Ford white platinum which I know hasn't changed at all. 

17 hours ago, akirby said:

I thought it looked a bit different than the old standard white platinum.  Maybe that’s what is on the new Aviator as well.

White Platinum is still an option. The Ceramic Pearl really goes well with the gray rocker, wheel arch and bumper cladding. Very subtle and with less contrast than WP. 

Finally got notification that my Nautilus was placed on shipping dock on Dec-13 and ETA is Jan-3-2019.  When I get it will check the build date sticker to see if this is the vehicle produced on Oct 23 or a different vehicle, particularly as Lincoln Concierge  notified me the vehicle was in production last week.