Job 1 for 2019 Lincoln Nautilus

NNRT

I have conflicting information about JOB 1, for the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Some say - September 4, 2018 (TODAY)

others say October 2018

Also is there a link where I can enter my VIN number, to get more information as to build date, and shipping to my dealer.

I have had Lincolns since 1953 - which was a Lincoln Capri Convertable - and I have photos -

have had Lincoln or Ford / Mercury vehicles all my life - too many to count too

Any information is greatly appreciated, as I have pre-traded my 2017 MKX already -

Phil

I have a Nautilus on order too. After seeing a preproduction unit I may back out. The interior is a real let down its a MKX interior with no changes except phone charger and new LCD dash instruments thats it. Same cheap looking black plastic center console as the old MKX and I hope they have fix the hood fitment issue they had on the preproduction unit it was really bad. But after looking at the 2019 MKC hood and grill gaps on the dealer lot my hope maybe miss guided. They should have had the 3.0 in this vehicle because all of the vehicles its competes with have better options for engines like Mercedes GLC. Ford got out of the car business because it could not make a competitive product and there SUV's are really starting look like there non competitive cars. Sorry for the rant the Nautilus looks really nice on the outside but the interior is a big let down.

Edited by Shelby32

I have a Nautilus on order too. After seeing a preproduction unit I may back out. The interior is a real let down its a MKX interior with no changes except phone charger and new LCD dash instruments thats it. Same cheap looking black plastic center console as the old MKX and I hope they have fix the hood fitment issue they had on the preproduction unit it was really bad. But after looking at the 2019 MKC hood and grill gaps on the dealer lot my hope maybe miss guided. They should have had the 3.0 in this vehicle because all of the vehicles its competes with have better options for engines like Mercedes GLC. Ford got out of the car business because it could not make a competitive product and there SUV's are really starting look like there non competitive cars. Sorry for the rant the Nautilus looks really nice on the outside but the interior is a big let down.

Perhaps you're under the misconception that the Nautilus is an all new vehicle. It's not. It's just the 2018 MKX with a new grille and a new name - a midcycle refresh. Same for the MKC. New versions of these on the new platforms are forthcoming and should see all new interiors and new drivetrain choices. Nautilus might move to a RWD CD6 platform although we keep getting conflicting reports on that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dealership updated my father yesterday on his Nautilus Reserve order. ETA has been pushed from October to November 23. He’s going to have to extend his current ‘16 MKX lease for a second time and has now also had to pay its 2019 CA registration renewal. C’est la vie.

I have conflicting information about JOB 1, for the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Some say - September 4, 2018 (TODAY)

others say October 2018

Also is there a link where I can enter my VIN number, to get more information as to build date, and shipping to my dealer.

I have had Lincolns since 1953 - which was a Lincoln Capri Convertable - and I have photos -

have had Lincoln or Ford / Mercury vehicles all my life - too many to count too

Any information is greatly appreciated, as I have pre-traded my 2017 MKX already -

Phil

How about a photo of the '53?

We vacation in Spring Lake every year, nice place.

Dealership updated my father yesterday on his Nautilus Reserve order. ETA has been pushed from October to November 23. He’s going to have to extend his current ‘16 MKX lease for a second time and has now also had to pay its 2019 CA registration renewal. C’est la vie.

Yeah, that's normal unfortunately. I've been in this spot virtually every time I order a new model Lincoln. I've had to extend my lease up to 6 months at one time because of an order on a 2016 MKX that took WAY longer than anticipated. I even had a 2013 MKZ on order that never got built and had to give up. It's frustrating, that's why I generally advise people avoid ordering the newer models up front, you will run into delays.

Edited by Assimilator

How about a photo of the '53?

We vacation in Spring Lake every year, nice place.

The 53 reminded me of when I was a teenager, one of my friends and I "borrowed" his Dad's 53 Capri convertible. He put a battery in it, but didn't anchor it in place. Those that remember the 53 know the battery goes under the floor on the front passenger side. At one point he made a fast stop and the battery tipped. There's me sitting there with sparks flying all over the place and the cables eventually got red hot and melted off the battery. He had to get it towed home. His Dad had a real temper and it's a wonder he survived that incident.

Perhaps you're under the misconception that the Nautilus is an all new vehicle. It's not. It's just the 2018 MKX with a new grille and a new name - a midcycle refresh. Same for the MKC. New versions of these on the new platforms are forthcoming and should see all new interiors and new drivetrain choices. Nautilus might move to a RWD CD6 platform although we keep getting conflicting reports on that.

Akirby has it exactly right.

BTW, I test drove the Nautilus two days ago (they are finally starting to seep into dealer lots). Lincoln never pretended it was anything other than a heavily refreshed and rebranded MKX. I think they did a very good job with it, given that limitation. The major modifications to the entire front of the vehicle are very nice. The two things I wish they had done to the interior are 1) putting in a larger (and HD) touchscreen, and 2) adding a head-up display. That was more of an interior modification than they were willing to do, I guess, in a refresh. Most impressive are three mechanical changes to the car's driving functionality that we don't see. One is major, the addition of a hugely impressive new 8-speed transmission and two are fairly minor, improvements to the already-terrific 2.7 twin turbo power plant (I believe this is now the same modified version one sees in the F-150) and changes to the suspension that both improve driving comfort and handling. But the three together are quite something.

I'm coming off of a 2016 Q5 S-Line with a 3.0 supercharged engine, and had not gone earlier with a factory order because in my MKX test drive I wasn't satisfied with the handling. I was just about to go with the Range Rover Velar (had a factory order in place) when I went back and test drove the Nautilus and found that the above changes make a noticeable improvement in both handling (in S and sport mode) and the smoothness and strength of power delivery on acceleration. The new transmission and changes to the AWD system also improve gas mileage by one or two in both city and highway driving. So now I have called Land Rover and canceled the Velar order (happy to save the extra $15k and avoid Land Rover's infamous bottom reliability ranking) and am negotiating with my Lincoln dealer on a Black Label Nautilus factory order.

The plastic on the center stack doesn't really bother me, though since this is a refresh the Nautilus' interior does remain behind the curve compared to the impressive new Navigator redesign and the upcoming all-new Aviator. But I'm sure we'll see that new super quality interior continue with the Corsair redesign in 2020 and the Nautilus redesign coming probably a year later.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mrgdr57 said:

Anybody hear anything about delivery holds on Nautilus?  Dealer is telling my father that his vehicle is in Petaluma, CA (and has been since before Thanksgiving) but Ford has put a hold on Nautilus and won’t share why, so no explanation for the delay.

Petaluma?? Heck of a place for it to be parked. I grew up in Santa Rosa...

My Nautilus Reserve was produced on on Oct 23 and nothing.  Dealer had no information.  Finally last week I contacted Lincoln Concierge as I was going to cancel order.  Last Wed they advised that vehicle was in production.  Don't know if this is to fix problems or to start over again.  Was advised that they would monitor the situation and would advise when vehicle was in transit.  Also Lincoln extended free maintenance  for additional 2 years for inconvenience. 

9 minutes ago, Albertabound said:

My Nautilus Reserve was produced on on Oct 23 and nothing.  Dealer had no information.  Finally last week I contacted Lincoln Concierge as I was going to cancel order.  Last Wed they advised that vehicle was in production.  Don't know if this is to fix problems or to start over again.  Was advised that they would monitor the situation and would advise when vehicle was in transit.  Also Lincoln extended free maintenance  for additional 2 years for inconvenience. 

We keep hearing about insane deals that Lincoln Motor Company is making in order to move product and keep customers. They're spending a fortune to keep Lincoln going, at least until they can get enough new product in production and available to the public to see if Lincoln can be viable long term. 

Edited by ice-capades

6 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

We keep hearing about insane deals that Lincoln Motor Company is making in order to move product and keep customers. They're spending a fortune to keep Lincoln going, at least until they can get enough new product in production and available to the public to see if Lincoln can be viable long term. 

In November I negotiated a good deal on a 2019 Nautilus with the wonderful (stand alone) East West Lincoln dealership in the Maryland 'burbs of DC. They then enrolled me with Lincoln in some promotional program and Lincoln sent me a $3.000 certificate I can use to further reduce my purchase price. My vehicle was supposed to have been built last week (I was able to get such an early build date because the dealer amended an existing lot order instead of putting in a spanking new one), and I'm hoping to get it before the end of the year. That huge promotion on a "new" (well, rebranded and refreshed) vehicle was a bit of a surprise, but a nice one.

• Like 2

With no word on why my father’s ordered Nautilus has been sitting in NoCal since before Thanksgiving; the dealer found a similarly equipped Reserve in Los Angeles. The biggest differences are that it is a 2.0L, not the 2.7L as ordered (and that he previously had in his ‘16 MKX) and the interior is Cappuccino, not Ebony. The alternative vehicle was transported on Saturday and he’s taking delivery today. 

2 hours ago, mrgdr57 said:

With no word on why my father’s ordered Nautilus has been sitting in NoCal since before Thanksgiving; the dealer found a similarly equipped Reserve in Los Angeles. The biggest differences are that it is a 2.0L, not the 2.7L as ordered (and that he previously had in his ‘16 MKX) and the interior is Cappuccino, not Ebony. The alternative vehicle was transported on Saturday and he’s taking delivery today. 

Congrats!  It’s frustrating that Ford vehicles just seem to “disappear” with no explanation so frequently.

• Like 1

I was just at a dealer looking at a Nautilus Reserve, and almost ready to order. I am going to order Blue Diamond with Coffee interior. The dealer said that they will amend an order that was just serialized last week with a production week of Mid February, otherwise I would not take delivery till end March. Sales manager told me that they are just an ebb and flow out of the factory. Does not know why they are not producing more ,as they have many on order for stock and they are just trickling in. 

1 hour ago, escapeman said:

I was just at a dealer looking at a Nautilus Reserve, and almost ready to order. I am going to order Blue Diamond with Coffee interior. The dealer said that they will amend an order that was just serialized last week with a production week of Mid February, otherwise I would not take delivery till end March. Sales manager told me that they are just an ebb and flow out of the factory. Does not know why they are not producing more ,as they have many on order for stock and they are just trickling in. 

E'man, the factory gets shut down for a week and things generally get a little slow this time of year. But you might do a little internet search to see if something in your configuration (or close enough to suit) might be sitting around on a lot somewhere within 500 miles or so. Your dealer then might be able to do a swap. Alternatively, there might be another dealer who had put in an amendable order for lot sales a month or so ago, which would advance delivery by about a month (I lucked out that way with my order, which was amended a month ago and got built last week). But two months out on a factory order is about right. Something over a month to get in queue to build and a couple or three weeks to have it inspected and shipped.