Waxing stained rear cab corners

Nate123

The peanut butter didnt help either.

Hi Nate. Unless they are textured, you should be able to wax those pieces without them turning yellow (just like a painted bumper cover). In fact, they would require normal waxing, since they are painted. What brand wax did you use? Unless they are textured or there was something wrong with the wax, they should not have yellowed.

If you can not get them cleaned, I would bring it to the attention of your Ford Dealer.

Keep us updated and good luck.

• Like 1

I used a meguairs wax. It is not a textured piece. It is smooth like a bumper cover. I didnt leave it on for very long. I have tried the meguairs #39 cleaner that they recommend to try. With no luck. The truck is only two weeks old so this is very frustrating. Thank you for the info

I used a meguairs wax. It is not a textured piece. It is smooth like a bumper cover. I didnt leave it on for very long. I have tried the meguairs #39 cleaner that they recommend to try. With no luck. The truck is only two weeks old so this is very frustrating. Thank you for the info

Hi Nate. Until you attached the photos of your truck and the yellowed area, I think everyone was under the impression you were discussing a textured trim piece. So the suggestions were tailored to removing wax residue from textured trim pieces.

As we have now discovered, that is obviously not a textured trim piece. There is an issue here and it is not that you waxed that area, as that area needs to be waxed, just like a bumper cover. And Meguiar's is a good quality wax. I would advise you to take this up with your Dealer to have the piece replaced if it can not be cleaned properly.

Keep us updated an good luck.

Since the truck is only two weeks old I would go to the dealers body shop for help. If no other plastic parts discolored it may have already been like that, you just didn't notice it until you cleaned and waxed the vehicle. The body shop should be able to test buff the area to see if something is on the surface staining it.

Thanks for the advice. The pieces were definitely not yellowed prior to me waxing them. The truck has been clean since I bought it. I was only waxing it for the protection not to clean it. It was obvious as soon as started wiping the wax off that the wax was not coming off these pieces. The yellow is in the paint and not just on top. I will contact the dealer tomorrow. Thanks

Updated pictures after trying: peanut oil, peanut butter, 3 different heavy vinyl cleaners, 303 marine cleaner, turtle wax buffing compound, vinaiger, vinaiger and bleach, alcohol, alcohol for me!, and the #39 maguairs cleaner. Surprised theres any paint left on them. They still shine but just have a yellow tint to them. Guessing dealership will try to paint them. Sucks!

post-59254-0-89076700-1536014542_thumb.jpeg

post-59254-0-37551000-1536014565_thumb.jpeg

That looks like the infamous paint mismatch on bumpers. Plastic and metal pieces can look different depending on surface prep and sometimes those parts are painted elsewhere. Just take it to the dealer - you don’t have to mention waxing it - and see what they say. I bet they repaint them no questions asked.

Hi Nate. And just to concur and add to what akirby stated about not needing to mention you first noticed it after waxing it...you definitely do not need to mention using peanut oil, peanut butter, 3 different heavy vinyl cleaners, 303 marine cleaner, turtle wax buffing compound, vinegar, vinegar and bleach, alcohol and the #39 Meguiar's cleaner on it. It's yellow, that is enough. However, it's safe to mention you used alcohol on yourself.

Keep us updated and good luck.

• Like 1