My guesses starting at Top Left

Transit Connect

B Class CUV/Trucklet

Transit

B Class CUV/Trucklet

TC based AV

Expedition

Super Duty

Mach 1/EV CUV (looks kinda like a Mustang based on grill shape under "sheet")

Short C/Maverick (behind Focus/in front of Transit)

Focus ST

Focus Active or Fusion replacement?

F-150
Ranger

Escape
Fiesta
EcoSport
Mustang

Explorer
2 door Bronco

4 Door Bronco

So I'm guessing this is world wide and not US centric

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

Where would Model E be? Will the focus Eletric succeed MK4? Looks like Ford's shy about electric vehicles. Only bet focuses on Mach 1, which has already been reported that it will not even have that name anymore

The Model E became the Mach 1-I think Ford came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth chasing lower end of the market with an EV.

I see the "Mach 1" as a $40-50K+ EV that is similar to the Jaguar E Pace in size and concept.

• Like 1

MACH 1 was going to be the first model name. But latest news is that Ford changed its mind (what a surprise!)

Yeah, slapping that name on “not a Mustang” was a particularly tone-deaf move, which is saying something, given the torrents of stupid that have been flowing from the mouths of Dearborn execs over the last several months.

There is really no need to resurrect a heritage name for the EV. The target buyers won't draw any parallels from the heritage... it doesn't register.

Ford should come up with a new name for the car. Or use an existing name that still has lots of equity like Fusion. Honestly, I think C-Max (for the smaller EV) or Flex (for the larger EV) are probably just as good of names for the EV as any.

There is really no need to resurrect a heritage name for the EV. The target buyers won't draw any parallels from the heritage... it doesn't register.

Ford should come up with a new name for the car. Or use an existing name that still has lots of equity like Fusion. Honestly, I think C-Max (for the smaller EV) or Flex (for the larger EV) are probably just as good of names for the EV as any.

C-Max needs to be put to the pasture - the fuel economy reratings tainted its image.

OH! Thunderbird! If you get over what it use to stand for and realize it can't be reused unless it's pinned to a completely different vehicle, this MIGHT make a ton of sense. Thunder & Lighting is a nice allusion for a performance BEV and it's a name with brand awareness.

It's still a little archaic and could become a distraction like Mach1...but I think it works better.

Oh Man, Personally I love it! But I'm pretty sure they've already considered it.

Edited by Assimilator

I don't mind Maverick, but Corsair I'm on the fence on (though it's grown on me). I don't think either name has been been officially confirmed, though.

Maverick is a memorable name for a coupe sports V8. I understand there's a Ford SUV called Maverick, but it's not memorable