photos from the factory?

richbrew

I recall someone posting here that they may know someone at the factory. Does anyone know someone who might be able to snap some pictures of a car while is on the assembly line? Blend date is 08/29, and it will have the OTT stripe that may make it easier to spot...

well that sucks. i didnt realize that it wasnt allowed. i guess since ive seen pictures from the factory before. any idea why its not allowed? i cant see it being because of anything proprietary, especially in areas where there are tours, plenty of videos online, etc.

They only allow it if you get permission beforehand, and thats hard to get if you are just working on the line.

Sometimes you can get someone to sneak one for you if you talk to the right guy, unfortunately Im not that guy, Im at a different plant now anyway.

Back when I was in final assembly I tried looking for specific cars for someone just to let them know when their car passed me but honestly its very hard to do. The cars just blend in with one another no matter how close you pay attention to the VINs on the build sheets.

yeah, i get that it could be tough. given that hundreds a day are built, i can see how they'd all start to look the same. Too bad ford doesnt set up some kind of camera in certain areas that could snap a shot, tie it to the car thats currently there, so you could search by VIN and see pictures of a car in production. would be pretty neat for special orders. Or a low tech method, when a car shows up as a retail order, put a disposable camera in the car that stays with it (and gets used to snap some pictures) all the way to the dealer, then let the buyer develop the film.

• Like 1

There are videos on youtube of someone on a factory tour of the flat rock assembly plant. Along with various other videos and promotions/events like job 1

Anyways,

My mustang gets built "this week" according to dealer. 8-27 as its on the window sticker as well. Its Tues and still showing in production on cotus. Any idea how long it takes to build it, assuming it started on monday?

I'm getting very anxious.

I wish I could have a factory OTT stripe added, but it wasn't an option I could select as I have the black accent package.

Update:

Looks like its Awaiting shipment now. Things are moving and I should have it soon!!!

Edited by cncr04s

cncr04s mine was scheduled for Monday as well. Just looked at COTUS an it says "in production" as well. Hopefully mine will be shipped soon.

Was Monday the 'Build Week' estimate from COTUS? Or was this the Blend Date from the window sticker? The build week is estimated early in the process, the Blend Date will be the actual day the car goes on the line. Mine was today. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That would mean Ford spending money that Hackett would never approve.

This is such an awesome idea of capturing your car on the line, or coming right off the line!

I'm waiting for my car as well and have a blend date of 10/16/18 and would L-O-V-E to see my GT PP2 on the line so that I could blow that pic up and place it in my garage! Such a great idea that I would be willing to chip in on the cost and I assume there would be some of us Ford enthusiasts that would too.

Maybe worth floating the idea up the channel and see or see if MCA could help start a discussion on this?