Manufacturers hold on Navigator deliveries

trupilot

I was told today that there is a "manufacturers hold on Navigator deliveries." There is some "minor issue" that needs to be fixed before

delivery. OK, great, I want the vehicle to be as good as possible before I get it but:

this vehicle was ordered in March, built on July 27, left Louisville by rail on August 6, delivered to Jacksonville and consigned to a trucking

company on August 10 and now it will sit in a railyard 160 miles away for a month, for a minor issue.

Can anyone give some insight into what is going on. The way it came across from my salesman it sounded like a fleet wide problem.

It just means they found an issue at the plant - could be a batch of parts, could be defective equipment, could be human error and they need to inspect something and possibly repair it. Hopefully it’s something simple they just need to inspect and it will only take a few days.

There is a great deal more that I dont't know, than I do know about building and delivering a vehicle to its end user. However,

what seems very unusual to me is that its more cost effective and efficient to address a "minor" issue between train and truck, in the

middle of the delivery. If something needing attention is discovered after the product leaves the plant, wouldn't a dealership be the next most logical

place to deal with it?

Actually I was able to find out the trucking company responsible for the final delivery to the dealer. He informed me my car is on hold by Lincoln. So something is up. Does anyone have any reason why?????

They found something at the plant so some vehicles are being inspected and/or repaired before delivery. Happens a lot. Nothing to be too concerned about other than the potential delay. And no, Ford will not say exactly what the problem is.

• Like 1