Noisy cooled seats

jamesmcga

Is it noisy even in the lowest setting? Can forgive noise when in med and high cooling setting, but not lowest setting.

One of my biggest gripes about my 2015 Escalade is the noise and lack of cooling in ventilated seats; far worse than my 2008 Escalade.

Edited by Navi657

Yes, its annoying but not as bad as the hot Georgia swamp ass it alleviates. Seriously though, I do wish it was quieter... I enjoy the quiet the vehicle provides when youre not using it. When using the remote start with the vent seat on high, if I let it run a minute or so before I get in the seat is sufficiently cooled and I dont have to runs the seat vent nearly as long.

As I understand it there are 4 fans individually controlled. Front, rear and each front seat. I have not noticed much ‘noise’ from the seat ventilators. The front and rear fans can sound like a hurricane on MAX but quite tame on normal speeds to maintain temps once they reach settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Unacceptably loud and not very cool, especially considering the noise. One of my first gripes as living in S Florida I hoped to use them often.

This particular technology has definitely gone backwards in the last few years, at least with US brands. My previous gen Escalade had great cooled seats. Now, both Lincoln and Cadillac have noisy seats that are "ventilated," not cooled.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine always come on whenever I remote start (app or remote). If I leave them on when I shut down, they will come on when I start the car again regardless of how I start the car.

Same for heated seats. The car remembers last setting, which is great. I always hated in my Expys that I had to turn them on each time.