2018 Navigator L Rear Entertainment System's Sound Lagging?

jacksonrle

So, I just picked up a Destination Theme Black Label L with the Rear Entertainment System, and I like that you could connect the units to the car's Bluetooth system for sound, but then I have a lag between the video and the audio, it's not correctly synced up. I am using a slower sd card for the video, which I am going to change soon. Anyone know what to do to eliminate the lag without using headsets, or anyone know what's causing the lag? Thank you so much.

Edited by jacksonrle

Its the Bluetooth causing the lag. It has nothing to do with the speed of your card. Happens when watching video directly on an iPad and using Bluetooth for audio as well. Has been happening to me for years in various vehicles, Ford and otherwise. Dont know if there is anything to be done other than using a 3.5mm cable into the aux for the audio.

Edited by HofstraJet

Yeah man, its called Doosl Universal Wireless FM Transmitter Audio Adapter Car Kit picked it up on Amazon for $12.95. Plug it to audio jack (we choose the passenger side) and set it AND sync FM radio to same radio station and whala clean and clear audio with zero lag.

Biggest downsides to this is the unsightly doggie sticking out of your $2,000 option on your $100k truck. And the battery on those little things have to be charged every 10 hours or so.

The amazon listing has a recommended website to find empty FM freq in your area. Its the solution that has work the best for us. At least until Ford/Lincoln unf&@*s this.

Yeah man, its called Doosl Universal Wireless FM Transmitter Audio Adapter Car Kit picked it up on Amazon for $12.95. Plug it to audio jack (we choose the passenger side) and set it AND sync FM radio to same radio station and whala clean and clear audio with zero lag.

Biggest downsides to this is the unsightly doggie sticking out of your $2,000 option on your $100k truck. And the battery on those little things have to be charged every 10 hours or so.

The amazon listing has a recommended website to find empty FM freq in your area. Its the solution that has work the best for us. At least until Ford/Lincoln unf&@*s this.

Nice. Thank you so much dude! It sucks when everyone in the cabin wants to hear what's playing on those screens but the audio is never in sync. Will try it and let you know!

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem with the delayed audio (as well as other issues with the Rear Entertainment System).  It is quite tragic that we have to find workarounds for basic functionality after spending practically $100k on a vehicle.

Along those lines, when you are connected to the Rear Entertainment System via Bluetooth for the audio, can you guys use the various Apps (Waze, etc) that Lincoln is currently marketing on tv ads?  I can't make it work - CustServ Manager at the manufacturer of the Rear Entertainment system says that it can't be done, but he wasn't convincing in his explanation.  Maybe I'm just hoping.

This is likely just something else that will require a workaround.  Most RES issues would have been resolved had Lincoln run a cable from the Stereo to the Rear Entertainment system like all other manufacturers do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG.  Why didn't Lincoln hardwire those monitors into the vehicle sound system???  Every other vehicle does that!  For $100K I want to press RSE as a SOURCE for Audio.  Ugh... instead, I have to disconnect my phone entirely so that it will even recognize the monitors' bluetooth and then the kicker is that the audio lags.  I wish there was a way to disconnect the cd player (that will NEVER be used) and somehow use that connection to hardwire the rear monitors into the vehicle.... there HAS to be a way!  This is so stupid!  What surprises me most is that I haven't seen more outrage about this in my internet searches regarding the Lincoln RSE.

I took mine to Lincoln and they are blaming the wifi hotspot from ATT for the lag.  I call BS....does anyone know if its possible to get it hardwired now by an outside company or is it too late or any other options since Lincoln says its the wifi.  Thank you 

• 4 months later...

So for anyone that still cares. I spoke to the folks that designed the system and delay in the Bluetooth connection is on the Sync3 side not the Voxx screens.

This means you can buy a wireless Bluetooth FM modulater that can always sit inside ur center armrest plugged into the dc/cigarette lighter port. 2 benefits from doing this are, modulator always has power and the station your broadcasting on can be changed by the driver/passenger.

Plus no unsightly dongle stocking out of ur screens.  It’s work pretty great since we got one, no delay noticed yet and it automatically connects on startup. This method leaves the cars Bluetooth connected to my phone for calls and such.

Heres the one I used: Roav SmartCharge F0, by Anker

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJ7DHMP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Until Ford fixes Sync, this is works; which is all I’ve wanted from the system.