C Max issues

markfnc

I love my 13. Its had a few very minor issues, the majority of which have been MFT problems. The bugs that popped up with the majority of the cars seem to be gone by 2015. My parents had some early issues with their 13, but once sorted it was reliable until it was totalled. They replaced it with a 16 that has had literally nothing wrong with it.

• 11 months later...

I keep coming back to look at the CMax.  I think it might suffer a bit from an image problem, but from what I read, they are reliable for the most part and owners seem to love them.  When I went to the local auto show and sat in literally 100 vehicles, the CMax was the one I kept coming back to.  And off lease, they seem reasonably priced, at about 50% of sticker at 2 years old and 20k miles.  What's everyone's experience here?

• 3 weeks later...

The one issue that seems to pop up is that they will discharge the 12v battery more quickly than most cars, and tend to discharge the 12v battery if allowed to sit for an extended period. Ford supposedly corrected this issue with a software fix, but you'll still see someone occasionally have this problem. Easiest fix is to keep an eye on the 12v battery, and maybe proactively have it replaced sooner than you might normally do so.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...