F250 Cummins Conversion/New Member

gun32gtr

Hi everyone im new to the forum.

I live in Australia where these trucks are far from common compared to the states.

I've had my 2003 f250 extra cab for about 1.5 years and love it. Plenty of room for the kids and with the massive tray great for loading big loads of firewood etc.

The problem is the ute has a mwm sprint 4.2l diesel turbo aftercooled and it looks like after chasing the intermittent over heating problem the head gasket and most likely head are buggered. Now if a full build is in on the cards i've been roughly quoted 10+ thousand and then im still left with the little I6.

Most might not agree with the 6bt 12v p pump swap but im going to do it anyway as i dont want the 7.3l powerstroke problems as well and the 6bt is awesome and easy to get the 300hp at the treads im chasing. i also wasnt to use the g56 6 speed from a later cummins as i dont want auto.

So has anyone done the swap either with my engine or petrol or powerstroke engine and has the ins and outs of what has to happen? Any info will be great as i will be doing myself with a mate who is very skilled in making stuff..

any how looks like a good forum and look forward to hearing everyone'comments and experiences

regards Kane