2016 P2450 code

fuzzymoomoo

Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Performance or Stuck Open

Friend of mine has his car throwing this code. Where is this switch located? I want to try and fix it for him when hes in town next weekend.

Forgot to add: 1.5 EcoBoost engine.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

FIRST even though the code does not specify, check the Evap purge valve/ejector assembly at the engine. They LOVE to fail and can set the P2450, regardless of what the code definition says. The blocking valve will be between the fuel tank and canister in the EVAP lines, and have two wires one green, the other grey with a violet tracer. Base number is 9D333.

Edited by YT90SC

There are two lines that come from the rear of the car near the firewall. One is the fuel line, the other is the vapor line. The one that comes up and doesn't split and connects to he HPFP is the fuel line. The other is the purge valve/ejector assembly. It leaves the steel from the rear and connects in a couple spots on the intake with quick connects. I I am fairly sure no special tools will be needed to change it.

Without proper two way scan tool, it could be hard. If I was betting in Vegas, I'd say purge assembly. You COULD take the hose off at the steel line near the firewall and suck on it (plastic part). If it doesn't hold, it needs the purge assembly. Not being able to operate the blocking valve with a scan tool puts you at a disadvantage to completely diagnose it.