Corvette C8-R spied

fuzzymoomoo

Some are saying they'll make Corvette a Brand with the current one called Stingray and the new one called something else (I forgot but it's in the comments in the article).

Zora is the name after the original Vette engineer wanted a ME Vette as early as 1970.

A Vette sub-brand IMO can work if they can add a Vette based CUV and sedan with the ME and Stingray, works for Porsche...

My source said that they will be producing the the FE Vette at the same time as the ME Vette. I have no idea on pricing though. I would have to imagine that if the ME Vette wants to take on the big boys, it will at least cost 150. Carbon fiber isn't cheap. Unless they go GM and give you a base ME Vette for 90k with standard pushrod V8.

Some are saying they'll make Corvette a Brand with the current one called Stingray and the new one called something else (I forgot but it's in the comments in the article).

I'm surprised that GM hasn't yet expanded the Corvette into a sub-brand.

The Corvette SUV will be next. And before anyone cries "No way!," who would have thought that we would ever see a Porsche SUV?

Zora is the name after the original Vette engineer wanted a ME Vette as early as 1970.

A Vette sub-brand IMO can work if they can add a Vette based CUV and sedan with the ME and Stingray, works for Porsche...

CUV models (luxury and sporty) would work so much better for Cadillac. We already know that potential Cadillac will buy them. And I believe Buick will probably become a CUV only brand at least in the USA, so that would be covered. Corvette will always be sold in Chevy dealerships which are also full of CUVs, so there really is no need to have a Corvette branded CUV.

• 4 weeks later...

Once the Ford GT has completed its run, I think Ford should bring out a sports car that is closer in price to the Corvette, and not as exotic as the GT is now.

I know they have the Shelby, Rouch, and other expensive and powerful versions of the Mustang out now or coming soon, but I would like to see a 2 -door sports car with a sports car profile, not one that has the same profile as a 25K 4 cylinder pony car.

Once the Ford GT has completed its run, I think Ford should bring out a sports car that is closer in price to the Corvette, and not as exotic as the GT is now.

I know they have the Shelby, Rouch, and other expensive and powerful versions of the Mustang out now or coming soon, but I would like to see a 2 -door sports car with a sports car profile, not one that has the same profile as a 25K 4 cylinder pony car.

I agree. Something in the $100K - $150k range but without all the exotic parts.