2019 F-650

Aluminum cab is more expensive and Ford did it on the F-150 to reduce weight in order to hit CAFE target. F-350/450/550 got the aluminum cab also to help amortize the investment in F-150.

F-650/750 doesn't need the weight saving and doesn't offer enough volume to move the needle on cost amortization. And Ford's strategy with F-650/750 is all about being the lowest cost solution. So I don't see them putting aluminum cab in it.

Edited by bzcat

Aluminum cab is more expensive and Ford did it on the F-150 to reduce weight in order to hit CAFE target. F-350/450/550 got the aluminum cab also to help amortize the investment in F-150.

F-650/750 doesn't need the weight saving and doesn't offer enough volume to move the needle on cost amortization. And Ford's strategy with F-650/750 is all about being the lowest cost solution. So I don't see them putting aluminum cab in it.

At some point, they need to stop producing the old cabs, though. So they'll either need to:

A) use the aluminum cab/interior

B) develop a medium duty cab (which I think many here have asked for, IIRC)

• Like 1

Gee, I'm skeptical that is a 2019. They've had an orange F650 4 door dump in promo ads for two years now. I'll bet it's really a 2017. And if they don't start making a class 8 dump for municipalities and state DOTs soon, then Hino can get the biz and leave Ford out in the cold in a category that Ford used to be number one in!!!