2019 Ranger Configurator & Pricing

Ford has said basically everything in the lineup will have a hybrid option and maybe plug in option.

The whole thing with pushbutton start is not having to use the key at all.

Everything except commercial vehicles which I take as Super Duty and maybe full sized Transit.

I don't understand push button start without IA, but maybe that's just me. Like you said - defeats the purpose.

Edit - unless you leave your vehicle unlocked all the time.

Edited by akirby

funny the comments about Press to start...personally I loathe it,.I hate having stuff in my pockets, so I usually leave the fob in the center cup holder...and even after 6 years I STILL step out of the car and then remember the fobs still in there...never happened when i had regular keys....but hey, Im a slow learn.

You still need the fob to drive with the Ford Pass app. The Aviator won't need the key at all.

Correct. You can actually unlock, start and drive the car with only your phone. With a backup pin code in case of phone problems. I think a few luxury mfrs are doing it now but not many.

the phone thing scares me....1) I hate carrying the friggen thing, I have to re-boot my stupid I phone all the time, not only that the battery dies all the bloody time or gets low, and Ive dropped it, drowned it in Savignon Blanc...Im not phone friendly....Ill take the key please..shoot, Ill even take a fob over the phone.....

Edited by Deanh

the phone thing scares me....1) I hate carrying the friggen thing, I have to re-boot my stupid I phone all the time, not only that the battery dies all the bloody time or gets low, and Ive dropped it, drowned it in Savignon Blanc...Im not phone friendly....Ill take the key please..shoot, Ill even take a fob over the phone.....

I don't think you will HAVE to use your phone, it will have a backup fob I'm sure.

...don't forget...those novelties play a major part in owners complaints.....lol....it may be my accent, but voice prompts are still somewhat of a crapshoot...better, but still hit or miss..really don't see the point of half of the gimmicky gismos, but that may be a reflection of a guy that prefers a stick shift but spends most of his time utilizing a form of transportation sans power seats, mirrors, Air conditioning, safety belts , airbags, audio system, heated anything...starts with a key and has a kickstand....AND enjoys the crap out of it....lol.

Edited by Deanh

funny the comments about Press to start...personally I loathe it,.I hate having stuff in my pockets, so I usually leave the fob in the center cup holder...and even after 6 years I STILL step out of the car and then remember the fobs still in there...never happened when i had regular keys....but hey, Im a slow learn.

I dont understand.....so where do you put your keys now if you dont like them in your pockets? Itd be no different with a keyless one, except you wouldnt have to take them out to use it.

man I hope they keep the Bronco relatively simple...I despise all these "technological novelties".....

I have a feeling 80% of people waiting for the Bronco are going to be disappointed with what comes out. There will be something that is wrong with it, and they wont buy it. Not sure how many of them would have been actual customers though.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

I have a feeling 80% of people waiting for the Bronco are going to be disappointed with what comes out. There will be something that is wrong with it, and they wont buy it. Not sure how many of them would have been actual customers though.

You can imagine what he fury from the redneck mouth breathing crowd will be when they announce no V8.

Im REALLY curious about the hybrid...if not a 2.7 eco boost would be fantastic...preferably with a stick shift , but we all know that wont happen….just want to be able to tow a small camper of some sort...

Edited by Deanh

Im REALLY curious about the hybrid...if not a 2.7 eco boost would be fantastic...preferably with a stick shift , but we all know that wont happen.just want to be able to tow a small camper of some sort...

I think that will be feasible, I would think the 3.3l v6 is going to be the hybrid. Depending on how the electric motors were configured if would actually be good off road as youd be able to control each wheel individually.

But like fuzzy said the rednecks are going to be crazy there isnt a V8 even though the turbo v6 would have plenty of power to tow their home/lab to a new location; they will also complain it doesnt start at 19k.

Edited by jasonj80

Im REALLY curious about the hybrid...if not a 2.7 eco boost would be fantastic...preferably with a stick shift , but we all know that wont happen….just want to be able to tow a small camper of some sort...

I'm also really curious about it also-It's on my list of stuff I'd like in my Bronco-my commute is changing a bit (going from 17 to 12.8 miles or so) so a hybrid might be the ticket some major savings gas wise since most of the drive will be in local stop and go traffic.

So I'd like the following in my Bronco:

Whatever fancy roof they are offering

Still not decided if I want a 2 or 4 door

4x4

Hybrid

Heated seats/steering wheel

Copilot 360

Sync3

B&O would be nice, but I'm trying to keep the price right at the 40K mark.

I think that will be feasible, I would think the 3.3l v6 is going to be the hybrid. Depending on how the electric motors were configured if would actually be good off road as youd be able to control each wheel individually.

But like fuzzy said the rednecks are going to be crazy there isnt a V8 even though the turbo v6 would have plenty of power to tow their home/lab to a new location; they will also complain it doesnt start at 19k.

Whats all this hate for the red necks about?? They are people too? Edited by tbone
  • Like 1

Well I've given my final Ranger configuration to my local dealer to order. It tops out at $45,720. More than I paid for my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4X4 with everything you could get on it....lol! Had to get the Saber color. My only negative about getting the Saber color is that you have to add the Sport Package. So you lose the 18 inch machined aluminum wheels with stealth gray inserts and get the magnetic painted wheels as standard on the Sport Package. I would have taken the standard Lariat wheels mentioned easily if there had been the ability to delete the magnetic rims. Now you have to pay an additional $895 over the Sport Package price just to get rid of the magnetic rims and get back to a rim similar to what comes as standard on the Lariat. That's the only complaint I have.

Edited by SRAces
  • Like 1