2019 Ranger Configurator & Pricing

Yeah probably because you live in So Cal. No use for it there. A must have for me here in Michigan. I HATE driving with gloves on.

I know a lot of people dont care about a moonroof but its something I have sorely missed since I got rid of my Explorer.

These are areas where an adapted global truck primarily intended for temperate and equatorial areas

is a bit lacking for North American specific buyers but now that the US has a seat at the table,

it can bring weight of numbers to justify a more expansive view of desirable options.European

and Aussie buyers will also pick up on this too...

Things, can only get better...

I have to say I wasnt super impressed with the B&O system that was in the Expedition Limited loaner I just had. I think you could easily do better with the aftermarket for a reasonable price.

You mentioned the push button start earlier, I personally think its an overrated feature. Theres still a fob to deal with.

Now the lack of sunroof is pretty annoying.

Perhaps some of these missing options are just a limitation of the borrowed platform, or they just didnt want to spend the engineering resources on them when the replacement is only a couple years away.

How many people are willing to fuck with an aftermarket system in a new car? Since cars have moved to a double DIN style radio for navigation systems, I haven't seen much in the way of aftermarket radio installs-even in used cars

I love push button start-its great not having to take my keys out all the time to start my car-not to mention I have a keyless entry on my house door also-so I can just punch the code in and keep my keys in my pocket the whole time

• Like 1

I don't think the ranger was engineered for push button start, it is not offered on any trim line. I was also surprised there are not cooled seats, keypad entry, power rear window or heated steering wheel and back seats offered on the Lariat.

I'm surprised at the lack of a heated steering wheel too-christ I think you can even get that on an Ecosport or Fiesta as an option.

Anthony...nothings cheap anymore...and this pricing leads me to believe the upcoming Bronco will be ( loaded again ) 50k plus.

Thats slightly nuts-but I'm expecting mine to be around the $45K mark the way I want it-I'd like to be closer to the 40K mark though. Then again a fairly well loaded Wrangler Rubicon tops out at the $50K mark

Baby bronco will problem be $30k at least too

That will be a top of the line Ti model the "meat' of that market will be around the $25K mark before discounts.

I have to say I wasnt super impressed with the B&O system that was in the Expedition Limited loaner I just had. I think you could easily do better with the aftermarket for a reasonable price.

You mentioned the push button start earlier, I personally think its an overrated feature. Theres still a fob to deal with.

I had the Sony system in 2 other vehicles and honestly my standard sync 3 system in my F150 sounds almost as good. B&O shouldn’t be any different.

As for push button start the whole point is you never have to take the key out of your pocket. Just touch the door handle, push the button and go. That’s the benefit. It’s great. That said, I had it in both cars for the last 5 years and thought I would hate going back to a regular key in my truck but honestly I don’t miss it that much.

I dont have intelligent access but since I hang my keys off my belt it doesnt make a difference to me whether I use the buttons on the fob or touch the handle.

But don't you have to take them off your belt to start the car? With IA you can just leave them hanging on your belt and never touch it.

But don't you have to take them off your belt to start the car? With IA you can just leave them hanging on your belt and never touch it.

The Fusion has push button start, but not intelligent access so I can still leave the fob on my belt even though I have to use it to unlock the car. . The Focus has the traditional key and I hate it.

Well to be clear, I never have the fob with me. I leave it in the truck and use the keypad for access. I did the same with the keys. I guess it never bothered me to put the key in the ignition.

I have the heated steering wheel, and I really havent used the option that much, although I live in the upper Midwest where it can be useful.

Ranger is gunning for Tacoma and it is priced competitively. Colorado is mostly an afterthought. Ford could have put the 2.5 I4 base engine in Ranger and gone after Colorado but that's not going to be their business focus. They are aiming at Tacoma which is selling mostly over $35k with TRD Sport and TRD Offroad trim.

I don't really see the Colorado as an afterthought. It is a nice, well designed midsize truck. With that said, it does start quite a bit less then the Ranger, but that's for a very bare bones 4 cyl, manual transmission truck. Once you throw a few options into it or make it a 4x4 with a V6 the Colorado and Ranger are priced almost the same. Of course Ford is going after Colorado (and Tacoma) sales... they just aren't going after the most basic model that is nothing more then an advertising special and probably rarely sold in real life.

apparently, and the upgraded Chassis will be underneath the Bronco as well....I also get a feeling with the upgrade we may see alternative drivetrains...NOT just the 2.3....it also gives them a couple to garner the publics reactions and desires....

Dumb question, but what model comes with the 2 lcd screens in the instrument panel like the edge, explorer, and fusion have? I initially thought it would come on any model with sync 3, but I looked at the standard equipment and the xl comes with a 3.5 screen in the ip, xlt comes with a 4.2, and the lariat comes with two 4.2 screens. The 301a package on the xlt is the one that includes sync 3. I read that packages description and it only shows one 4.2 screen in the ip. Fx4 versions state that is has an off-road screen in the cluster which makes me think thats only one screen as well. Sounds like the two screens in the ip might be exclusive to lariat which is a bummer because I use that all the time to control the radio and air conditioner in my fusion.

Dumb question, but what model comes with the 2 lcd screens in the instrument panel like the edge, explorer, and fusion have? I initially thought it would come on any model with sync 3, but I looked at the standard equipment and the xl comes with a 3.5 screen in the ip, xlt comes with a 4.2, and the lariat comes with two 4.2 screens. The 301a package on the xlt is the one that includes sync 3. I read that packages description and it only shows one 4.2 screen in the ip. Fx4 versions state that is has an off-road screen in the cluster which makes me think thats only one screen as well. Sounds like the two screens in the ip might be exclusive to lariat which is a bummer because I use that all the time to control the radio and air conditioner in my fusion.

They removed the AC controls from the second screen several years ago in most vehicles although it can usually be added back with Forscan. I used it too in my 2013 Fusion to change the temp but honestly with hard buttons now for the temp it's not a big deal. It does show the climate control as an option in the gallery pic though.

With that said, wouldn't that make the Bronco a 2021?!

I thought the Bronco would be in production by the end of 2019

Bronco is scheduled for launch Late 2019 or early 2020 depending on who you ask. I dont think they have nailed down the timing exactly. MAP ISA (Body) Plant chairman believes its late 2019 FWIW.

I had the date wrong for NG Ranger like jpd said. I was a year off.

False. Standard on Lariat.

Does the F-150 even have a heated back seat? The only Ford family product Im aware of that has that is the Continental.

I am pissed theres no heated steering wheel. That was a must have for me.

My '09 Flex has heated rear seats.

bzcat….C-Max replacement is Baby Bronco?....that imply a Hybrid and plug in drivetrain?...

Ford has said basically everything in the lineup will have a hybrid option and maybe plug in option.

Now the lack of sunroof is pretty annoying.

Perhaps some of these missing options are just a limitation of the borrowed platform, or they just didnt want to spend the engineering resources on them when the replacement is only a couple years away.

The whole thing with pushbutton start is not having to use the key at all.