2019 Ranger Configurator & Pricing

I onverheard two coworkers talking about the new Ranger and that they were looking for 3/4 of a truck. These were non car enthusiast but they were expressing a lot of interest. They also mentioned the Bronco, and I gathered the delay of the Bronco could impact the timing of their purchase. I wish they would get the Bronco out to the public sooner.

Sick of hearing the gripes that it cost too much. I don't care that you bought your 2003 Ranger for 13000. That old Ranger is a cramped POS compared to what the new Ranger is. I am not sure why people pine for that old truck. Just because it was cheap? Next thing you know people will be wanting a Tempo because "20 years ago I bought one for 6500 brand new".

• Like 3

Sick of hearing the gripes that it cost too much. I don't care that you bought your 2003 Ranger for 13000. That old Ranger is a cramped POS compared to what the new Ranger is. I am not sure why people pine for that old truck. Just because it was cheap? Next thing you know people will be wanting a Tempo because "20 years ago I bought one for 6500 brand new".

My bitch is for 37k I cant get any of the features I really want. Its a pretty basic truck (XLT Super Crew, 301 package with literally NOTHING ELSE). In order to get exactly what I want I have to move from XLT to Lariat (which I was kind of expecting anyway) and add another $6k to the price because of the packaging.

Theres no reason why I shouldnt be able to get the B&O sound system standard on Lariat. Theres no reason why a push button start isnt standard on XLT and Lariat.

If the EcoSport is only a stopgap and the Baby Bronco replaces it, I expected it to have the same price range

It will be at least 4K more than the Ecosport to start and top out probably 10K more on the upper end. (Probably 35K) Think Jeep Renegade pricing. The baby bronco is going to be a premium small product. It will over lap the Escape in pricing.

The Bronco will be close to 30K to start and top out in the mid-50's.

My bitch is for 37k I cant get any of the features I really want. Its a pretty basic truck (XLT Super Crew, 301 package with literally NOTHING ELSE). In order to get exactly what I want I have to move from XLT to Lariat (which I was kind of expecting anyway) and add another $6k to the price because of the packaging.

Theres no reason why I shouldnt be able to get the B&O sound system standard on Lariat. Theres no reason why a push button start isnt standard on XLT and Lariat.

I don't think the ranger was engineered for push button start, it is not offered on any trim line. I was also surprised there are not cooled seats, keypad entry, power rear window or heated steering wheel and back seats offered on the Lariat.

This is simplified ordering. If you want the premium sound, you are going to have to get the premium trim. Are these two things dealer breakers?

I don't think the ranger was engineered for push button start, it is not offered on any trim line.

False. Standard on Lariat.

I was also surprised there are not cooled seats, keypad entry, power rear window or heated steering wheel and back seats offered on the Lariat.

Does the F-150 even have a heated back seat? The only Ford family product Im aware of that has that is the Continental.

I am pissed theres no heated steering wheel. That was a must have for me.

This is simplified ordering. If you want the premium sound, you are going to have to get the premium trim. Are these two things dealer breakers?

I understand that, but the premium sound isnt even standard on Lariat.

It kind of is a deal breaker. Im strongly considering settling for an Escape or something until the next gen Ranger comes in 3 years.

Going in my must have list was Moonroof, premium sound, heated seats AND steering wheel and a manual transmission. I knew there was about a .00000001% chance for a stick but the fact that I can realistically only get one of my must haves is a big deal.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

It kind of is a deal breaker. Im strongly considering settling for an Escape or something until the next gen Ranger comes in 3 years.

Of course it is. Sync 3 is standard on Lariat. You really need to go read the order guide again.

Premium is Ford speak for an upgraded stereo but not top of the line. Therefore sync 3 is a premium radio compared to the base radio but is not the B&O system. The sync 3 non B&O system in my F150 is pretty damn good - try it before you dismiss it.

I like what I have in my Fusion. I even liked the non MFT 6 speaker stereo my 2015 Focus had, but I want the B&O. I was planning on keeping this truck for the long haul (despite leasing first, that was only in case I decide I like the Bronco or next gen Ranger better, that way I had an easy out).

And trust me, the speakers between the regular sync system and the sync 3 system are exactly the same. If it says 6-speaker stereo in the order guide its the same.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

My biggest issue with the price is like fuzzy said, you dont get much. Even the Colorado comes standard with a touchscreen on the WT. you cant get one on an xl. And its part of a $995 option on the xlt. Sport appearance package requires at least 301a. It does come with copilot 360 that the other brands dont so I guess that offsets some of the difference.

If you look at other midsize trucks, they arent really offering any rebates. If that holds true for the ranger then you could possibly have f150s with 10k off msrp almost Selling for the same price as the ranger.

I might be in the minority here, but Im cross shopping the ranger vs compact SUVs and you get a lot more bang for your buck with lets say an escape titanium. Id like to have a truck but I can do 90% of what it can do in a small suv. If I can get a vehicle that is loaded and only slightly smaller in size, and can do 90% of what Id do in a truck that also saves me thousands of dollars, Ill pick it over a pretty bare ranger every time.

If the EcoSport is only a stopgap and the Baby Bronco replaces it, I expected it to have the same price range

Baby Bronco is replacing C-Max

Going in my must have list was Moonroof, premium sound, heated seats AND steering wheel and a manual transmission. I knew there was about a .00000001% chance for a stick but the fact that I can realistically only get one of my must haves is a big deal.

Ford's licensing deal with B&O probably prohibit having it as standard equipment on certain trim level (Lariat is mid-level trim designation on F-150). At least that's how most of these premium brand sound system licensing deal works. This probably also a foreshadowing on the inevitable King Ranch or Platinum trim level Ranger where Ford will be allowed to have B&O as standard equipment.

I'm still a little puzzled that you think Ford was going to low ball the price when comparable Tacoma goes out the door near MSRP at over $40k. It's not like there isn't already a market benchmark pricing established... Ford is not entering in the mid size truck market in a vacuum. They know people in the target demographic will pay a premium for the smaller size and luxury features.

Edited by bzcat

Baby Bronco is replacing C-Max

Ford's licensing deal with B&O probably prohibit having it as standard equipment on certain trim level (Lariat is mid-level trim designation on F-150). At least that's how most of these premium brand sound system licensing deal works. This probably also a foreshadowing on the inevitable King Ranch or Platinum trim level Ranger where Ford will be allowed to have B&O as standard equipment.

I'm still a little puzzled that you think Ford was going to low ball the price when comparable Tacoma goes out the door near MSRP at over $40k. It's not like there isn't already a market benchmark pricing established... Ford is not entering in the mid size truck market in a vacuum. They know people in the target demographic will pay a premium for the smaller size and luxury features.

Thats the thing though, I could swallow the price a little more if there was more premium feature options offered. No heated steering wheel? No moonroof? No cooled front seats? Stuff people are starting to look at more.

fuzzy....not once have I been asked if a car has a heated rear seat or steering wheel ( So Cal maybe? ) ...and moonroof is a 1 in 10.

Yeah probably because you live in So Cal. No use for it there. A must have for me here in Michigan. I HATE driving with gloves on.

I know a lot of people dont care about a moonroof but its something I have sorely missed since I got rid of my Explorer.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Yeah probably because you live in So Cal. No use for it there. A must have for me here in Michigan. I HATE driving with gloves on.

I know a lot of people dont care about a moonroof but its something I have sorely missed since I got rid of my Explorer.

I agree 100% fuzzy, I would pick a heated steering wheel over a heated seat if it was one or the other (both are best) even getting into a remote started vehicle when it is 10 outside is miserable. Grabbing a heated wheel when its fridged out actually warms you up. Its also must have on my next vehicle.

False. Standard on Lariat.

Does the F-150 even have a heated back seat? The only Ford family product Im aware of that has that is the Continental.

I am pissed theres no heated steering wheel. That was a must have for me.

Yeah I see that now in the order guide, standard on the lariat missed that, just saw the remote start with the Lariat option package.

Edge, Explorer, F-150, Super Duty, Expedition, Taurus, Flex and all Lincolns offer heated rear seats as well. I would assume the NG Escape does as well as most others in that segment have them.

I like what I have in my Fusion. I even liked the non MFT 6 speaker stereo my 2015 Focus had, but I want the B&O. I was planning on keeping this truck for the long haul (despite leasing first, that was only in case I decide I like the Bronco or next gen Ranger better, that way I had an easy out).

And trust me, the speakers between the regular sync system and the sync 3 system are exactly the same. If it says 6-speaker stereo in the order guide its the same.

I have to say I wasnt super impressed with the B&O system that was in the Expedition Limited loaner I just had. I think you could easily do better with the aftermarket for a reasonable price.

You mentioned the push button start earlier, I personally think its an overrated feature. Theres still a fob to deal with.

Now the lack of sunroof is pretty annoying.

Perhaps some of these missing options are just a limitation of the borrowed platform, or they just didnt want to spend the engineering resources on them when the replacement is only a couple years away.