2019 Ranger Configurator & Pricing

The photo of the XL from the configurator shows it has raised suspension. So looks like Ford won't be selling the low riding Ranger (like Tacoma SR) at all in the US market. All the Rangers will have raised suspension including the 2WD model.

qt6vxciurxdoa8vy1mmq.jpg

I built an xlt and one of the rear wheels was missing from the picture. You could see the axle but no wheel.

how does a $1k rebate on a $36k truck equal $32k street price?

The same way a $54K MSRP F150 $4500 rebate has a street price of $43K. You can buy almost any vehicle close to dealer invoice nowadays before rebates.

post-22831-0-44344700-1533672220_thumb.jpg

Edited by akirby

Thats what I do, I guess thats why I dont really understand how this all works

Your A plan price on the $54K MSRP F150 above would be around $41,500. You don't have to negotiate anything on A, Z or D plan. X plan is still a good deal but you can usually beat it or get the same price without a pin.

The invoice pricing looks something like this (generally speaking):

A/Z plan price: $40,000

D plan price: $40,100

X plan price: $41,600

Dealer Invoice: $41,450

MSRP: $47,000

With rebates of $4000 the street price would be around $37,450 give or take $500. Sometimes there are hidden incentives or cash back that can discount it even further.

The dealer pays Ford $41,450 minus a 3% "holdback" plus other incentives based on sales goals, etc.

For every A/Z/D/X plan sale Ford pays the dealer an additional spiff check to make up the difference.

The retail sales price is usually right around the dealer invoice price, minus rebates. The amount of this discount varies based on the vehicle, model and trim and it also includes any package discounts offered by Ford.

Nobody pays MSRP except on limited supply vehicles like Raptors, GT350s, etc. and only if they are selling out.

Edited by akirby

So safe to say A-plan on a 37k Ranger would be around 30k before incentives?

Whats that formula again?

The formula is roughly 4% off dealer invoice for A plan. So if a $37K MSRP minus package discounts and dealer discounts winds up with a dealer invoice of $33K then A plan would be roughly $31,700.

akirby...unless Ive misunderstood your figures there will NOT be 4000 in markup between invoice and MSRP....maybe, just maybe that will be savings with potential rebates....but not incentive free...my bet is top of the line will have 2k between MSRP and invoice. And X plan is usually $100 or so OVER invoice...

Edited by Deanh

akirby...unless Ive misunderstood your figures there will NOT be 4000 in markup between invoice and MSRP....maybe, just maybe that will be savings with potential rebates....but not incentive free...my bet is top of the line will have 2k between MSRP and invoice. And X plan is usually $100 or so OVER invoice...

I totally screwed up the numbers - got confused about rebates. I updated the numbers. Also that was just a general example of how pricing works - I was not trying to mimic Ranger pricing per se.

As for difference between MSRP and dealer invoice, remember I was including package discounts. Here is a real world example:

F150 XLT

MSRP $55,230

Package discounts: XLT Sport or Chrome package: - $1,750 XLT luxury pkg -$250

Adjusted MSRP $53,230.

X plan price before rebates: $49,676 which would make dealer invoice around $49,500.

That's $5730 off original MSRP and $3730 off adjusted MSRP.

That's on a more expensive F150 which was my example. It's not going to be that much on a $37K Ranger so maybe A plan is closer to $32K.

never saw a new Ranger for less than $8995...4 cyl stick with no A/c....hilarious.....man that gos back, nice to see im not the only geezer that frequents this site...lol

I bought my 1990 RCSB with chrome wheels, 4 speaker am/fm cassette!!!!, sliding rear window and chrome bumper for $7995.

• Like 1

I optioned one out like my F150 and it came to $36,450. With $1K rebate that would make the street price around $32K. My F150 with the larger engine was $36K.

Because you live in Georgia and Fuzzy lives in Michigan and I live in Colorado and that is comparing Peaches to Apples when it comes to a truck!

I'm with Fuzzy - whoa that's expensive - based on what we need at a minimum.

Because you live in Georgia and Fuzzy lives in Michigan and I live in Colorado and that is comparing Peaches to Apples when it comes to a truck!

I'm with Fuzzy - whoa that's expensive - based on what we need at a minimum.

Why is that peaches to apples? The truck configurations are the same. Add 4WD to both Ranger and F150 and it's still the same relative cost difference.

Well then compare the minimum. Fuzzy was complaining about a high-trim crew cab 4x4 with plenty of options had an MSRP of $37k. The supercab XL starts (or did when the page existed anyways) at $24.3k. Considering Street price after incentives will be ~$20k, it's definitely going to be the cheapest real truck in Ford's lineup and competitive with the offerings from Ford's competitors.

I don't understand why people freak out about MSRP. Nobody pays anywhere near MSRP on bread and butter models nowadays.

Well then compare the minimum. Fuzzy was complaining about a high-trim crew cab 4x4 with plenty of options had an MSRP of $37k. The supercab XL starts (or did when the page existed anyways) at $24.3k. Considering Street price after incentives will be ~$20k, it's definitely going to be the cheapest real truck in Ford's lineup and competitive with the offerings from Ford's competitors.

I don't understand why people freak out about MSRP. Nobody pays anywhere near MSRP on bread and butter models nowadays.

It wasnt even a high trim. It was an XLT with 301 package and zero other add-ons.

To get the heated seats and that terrain management system I want would have been adding the 302 AND fx4 package (an added cost of about $6k)

To truly get everything I want, which at this point is only heated seats, FX4, and premium stereo package since I cant get a stick or a moonroof means I have to get a Lariat. Im looking at probably a ~$45k truck. And thats before any other add-ons like a bed liner and tonneau cover.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I'd just like to know how ford got chebby to sell them or give them?? the tooling for a mid 90's S10..yea, i seez yota owners unabke to control the laughter..i guess after a few hours of body filler and paint even a pregnant bride looks presentable at her wedding...