2019 Ranger Configurator & Pricing

Not sure how long it'll be active, but here's the configurator with pricing for the 2019 Ranger.

A stripped model starts at $24K. Checking all the boxes brings it in a bit over $46K.

Autoblog has screenshots in case they take it down, but I included the link to the configurator too.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/07/2019-ford-ranger-configurator/

https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger/?gnav=header-tools&intcmp=show-bp#/select/Config%5B%7CFord%7CRanger%7C2019%7C1%7C1.%7C501A.R4F..EA...64J.914.76E.86Q.53R.CAB.RETAIL.99H.AWD.44U.LAR.%5D

This is what I guessed 2 months ago... I was pretty close ;)

https://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65150-when-will-the-ranger-be-available/?p=1035145

Again, if you want to guess how much Ranger will cost, just take a look at Tacoma.

SR extend cab 2WD 2.7 I4 which should be similar to a Ranger XL extended cab is $25,400 [but Ranger will have far more power with 2.3 EB - Ford is not going to sell very many of these at all]

SR5 double cab 2WD 3.5 V6 which should be similar to Ranger XLT 2WD is $31,500

SR5 double cab 4WD 3.5 V6 which should be similar to Ranger XLT 4WD is $34,500

TRD double cab 2WD 3.5 V6 which should be similar to Ranger XLT FX2 is $33,400 (I don't know if there will be a FX2 package, but you get the point... it's a XLT with color matching exterior instead of chrome bits)

TRD Offroad double cab 4WD 3.5 V6 which should be similar to Ranger XLT FX4 is $36,300

Limited double cab 2WD 3.5 V6 should be similar to Ranger Lariat 2WD is $37,300

Limited double cab 4WD 3.5 V6 should be similar to Ranger Lariat 4WD is $40,400

TRD Pro double cab 4WD 3.5 V6 should be similar to Ranger Lariat FX4 is $43,700

The only thing I missed was STX, which is the retail version of XL for about $2k more than fleet friendly XL.

Interesting that it lets you build a reg cab truck. Supercab is a $300 upgrade.

Also, the pricing seems right in line with what I expected. A 2wd XL or XLT crew cab is about $4k-$5k less MSRP than a comparable F150. Keep in mind incentives will kick in at some point too. It seems expensive now relative to F150 but that's because we're used to actual selling price on F-150, not MSRP. F150 MSRP is also crazy high if you go configure something on Ford's site.

I think that's the plan,to slot Ranger in at about $5K-$7K under certain F150 types

If those prices are accurate, then they will probably put a lid on some of the enthusiasm.

Ranger is not cheap to buy and that's probably why Ford delayed returning to the mid sized market

Edited by jpd80

I think that's the plan,to slot Ranger in at about $5K-$7K under certain F150 types

If those prices are accurate, then they will probably put a lid on some of the enthusiasm.

Definitely put a lid on mine....

Maybe Ill try to get a dynamite deal one of the 3Focus RS my dealer has had in their showroom for 2 years now....

Maybe Ill try to get a dynamite deal one of the 3Focus RS my dealer has had in their showroom for 2 years now....

You know, there are plenty of RS's out there that need a home. This is mostly due to the headgasket issue and dealer mark up. Now in in a year, if there is a 2018 that still needs a forever home I may try to wheel and deal to get one. Even though the color is limited, I think having a mechanical LSD and a bit softer suspension setting for daily driving might be the ticket for me. We'll see if those prices come down at all.

Did you really expect Ford to sell the Ranger far below what GM and Toyota is selling their comparable trucks?

As I pointed out 2 months ago, I do not expect Ford to undercut Tacoma. They have no reason to.

• Like 1

You know, there are plenty of RS's out there that need a home. This is mostly due to the headgasket issue and dealer mark up. Now in in a year, if there is a 2018 that still needs a forever home I may try to wheel and deal to get one. Even though the color is limited, I think having a mechanical LSD and a bit softer suspension setting for daily driving might be the ticket for me. We'll see if those prices come down at all.

I didnt ask about the other 2, but out of curiosity I asked about the the one they had in the showroom when we got our Fusion in May. It stickered for just above $42k and between Ford programs and what the dealer was willing to do to move it out of the showroom they took $10k or sticker. Very good deal but I wasnt in the market at the time. If they still have it this time next year I might see if I can get an even better deal.

The photo of the XL from the configurator shows it has raised suspension. So looks like Ford won't be selling the low riding Ranger (like Tacoma SR) at all in the US market. All the Rangers will have raised suspension including the 2WD model.

qt6vxciurxdoa8vy1mmq.jpg

Supercrew xl fx4 stx with towing package was around $37k. Thats definitely more than I was wanting to spend.

I tried optioning out a 4x2 supercrew lariat with just the sport appearance package, but it required the 501a package as well which was like $2800.

The math on some of the packages didnt add up either. One package on the xlt came with sport appearance package, remote start, manual sliding rear window and power heated passenger and driver seats for $2800. Optioned individually, they are:

Remote start - $195

Sport appearance -$795

Manual rear window -$225

That means the power seats are almost $1600? Seems a bit high.

Edited by T-dubz