Ranger Build & Price Site

Assimilator

Still a lot. I bought a 1992 Ranger XLT regular cab, 4 cyl, 5 speed. a/c, sliding rear window, am/fm-cassette, that was it. $8,500. Drove fro 2 years, put 75,000 miles on it , sold for $7,500. I loved that truck

Adjusting for inflation tht is $15,278 today.

Still a lot. I bought a 1992 Ranger XLT regular cab, 4 cyl, 5 speed. a/c, sliding rear window, am/fm-cassette, that was it. $8,500. Drove fro 2 years, put 75,000 miles on it , sold for $7,500. I loved that truck

Adjusting for inflation tht is $15,278 today.

And you’re getting a LOT more features and equipment along with a much more powerful engine, an automatic AND a much bigger truck. Today’s Ranger would have cost a lot more in 1992.

I would love to compare the size, weight & capacities of the 2001 F150 SuperCrew & the new Ranger SuperCrew. At first glance, they seem to be really similar with the Ranger actually having more power, similar capacities and much better MPG than the 01 F150. I really wish they would have called it the F100 instead and saved the Ranger name for upcoming rumored smaller pickup.

• Like 2

I have an '03 SuperCrew and I totally agree NLPRacing. I don't plan on replacing it at this moment. But the Ranger will be the first Ford I check out. We only have 93k on the truck, so it could last quite awhile longer. I'd like to see what the next gen Ranger rumored to be coming may have in store.

But if our truck got totalled today, I'd be Ranger shopping.

• Like 1