2019 MKZ Black Label Dropped!

The 2019 Lincoln MKZ appears to have discontinued Black Label, rebranded the package levels (Base, Reserve I, Reserve II), and made the 3.0L V6 exclusive to the new Reserve trim levels only. That means the 3.0 V6 is roughly $6,500 more expensive in 2019 than it was in 2018.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/lincoln-discontinues-black-label-trim-level-for-2019-mkz-luxury-sedan-127468.html

Edited by Assimilator

The 2019 Lincoln MKZ appears to have discontinued Black Label, rebranded the package levels (Base, Reserve I, Reserve II), and made the 3.0L V6 exclusive to the new Reserve trim levels only. That means the 3.0 V6 is roughly $6,500 more expensive in 2019 than it was in 2018.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/lincoln-discontinues-black-label-trim-level-for-2019-mkz-luxury-sedan-127468.html

They have a Luxury package in the order guide that is the Revel audio and LED headlights, buy a maintenance package and you've recreated the BL brand.

I wonder outside of China how many they really sell (Its called presidential package there)

Dead man walking. Gotta follow the Ford tradition of decontenting before discontinuing...

Yes, they have a bad habit of decontenting their vehicles when they get late into the product cycle. It would seem to me they should be adding more options later into the product cycle to continue to attract repeat or new buyers. Its highly annoying and part of the reason we didnt buy a new Explorer.

• Like 1

I think we'll see two more MYs out of MKZ before it's gone, but the MKZ looses quite a bit of money for Lincoln so I think this is just a matter of stopping the hemorrhaging. I know part of the huge sales declines at Lincoln this year was to fix the hemorrhaging that Fields apparently tolerated in his effort to rebuild Lincoln while ignoring profitability. They are scaling down production and incentives and focusing on lower profitable volume. I'm not sure what Lincoln's next step is but they will need a new funding schedule by 2020 so they have to have a plan by then. We have heard absolutely nothing from Lincoln since Joy took over which is a little concerning since Ford has been talking so much.

Lincoln just needs allot more money to move to the next step at a time when Ford doesn't have it and Lincoln isn't really thriving. As Ford faces stronger headwinds, I really don't know which direction we are going here on Lincoln. It's time we heard from them just to get us excited. Aviator and Corsair should do wonders however.

Edited by Assimilator

I think we'll see two more MYs out of MKZ before it's gone, but the MKZ looses quite a bit of money for Lincoln so I think this is just a matter of stopping the hemorrhaging. I know part of the huge sales declines at Lincoln this year was to fix the hemorrhaging that Fields apparently tolerated in his effort to rebuild Lincoln while ignoring profitability. They are scaling down production and incentives and focusing on lower profitable volume. I'm not sure what Lincoln's next step is but they will need a new funding schedule by 2020 so they have to have a plan by then. We have heard absolutely nothing from Lincoln since Joy took over which is a little concerning since Ford has been talking so much.

Lincoln just needs allot more money to move to the next step at a time when Ford doesn't have it and Lincoln isn't really thriving. As Ford faces stronger headwinds, I really don't know which direction we are going here on Lincoln. It's time we heard from them just to get us excited. Aviator and Corsair should do wonders however.

Isnt Fusion/MKZ production scheduled to end in Hermosillo in 2020? That tells me MY2019 will be a full production run and MY2020 will be a short one, just like they did with Focus and C-Max Production and what it sounds like they will be doing with Explorer (and Taurus) production in Chicago.

Have we figured out if this is just because the separate MKZ order guide hasn't been released yet?

----

Also, Ford has been talking, but they haven't been saying much.

Have we figured out if this is just because the separate MKZ order guide hasn't been released yet?

----

Also, Ford has been talking, but they haven't been saying much.

They usually release the BL order guide at the same time, so while it's possible they're just late with the BL order guide it sounds like they have dropped it.