Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 MKZ Black Label Dropped!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Assimilator

Assimilator

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 462 posts
  • Joined 05-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Lincoln MKX, 2018 F-150 SuperCrew, 2018 Ford Escape Titanium

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

The 2019 Lincoln MKZ appears to have discontinued Black Label, rebranded the package levels (Base, Reserve I, Reserve II), and made the 3.0L V6 exclusive to the new Reserve trim levels only.  That means the 3.0 V6 is roughly $6,500 more expensive in 2019 than it was in 2018.  

https://www.autoevol...dan-127468.html

Edited by Assimilator, 31 July 2018 - 07:58 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jasonj80

jasonj80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Joined 12-December 04

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

The 2019 Lincoln MKZ appears to have discontinued Black Label, rebranded the package levels (Base, Reserve I, Reserve II), and made the 3.0L V6 exclusive to the new Reserve trim levels only.  That means the 3.0 V6 is roughly $6,500 more expensive in 2019 than it was in 2018.  

https://www.autoevol...dan-127468.html

They have a Luxury package in the order guide that is the Revel audio and LED headlights, buy a maintenance package and you've recreated the BL brand.

I wonder outside of China how many they really sell  (Its called presidential package there) 

#3 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,351 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:12 PM

Dead man walking. Gotta follow the Ford tradition of decontenting before discontinuing...
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

#4 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Raptor Supercrew

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

Dead man walking. Gotta follow the Ford tradition of decontenting before discontinuing...

Yes, they have a bad habit of decontenting their vehicles when they get late into the product cycle. It would seem to me they should be adding more options later into the product cycle to continue to attract repeat or new buyers. Its highly annoying and part of the reason we didnt buy a new Explorer.
  • ANTAUS likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Assimilator

Assimilator

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 462 posts
  • Joined 05-March 18
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Lincoln MKX, 2018 F-150 SuperCrew, 2018 Ford Escape Titanium

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

I think we'll see two more MYs out of MKZ before it's gone, but the MKZ looses quite a bit of money for Lincoln so I think this is just a matter of stopping the hemorrhaging.  I know part of the huge sales declines at Lincoln this year was to fix the hemorrhaging that Fields apparently tolerated in his effort to rebuild Lincoln while ignoring profitability.  They are scaling down production and incentives and focusing on lower profitable volume.  I'm not sure what Lincoln's next step is but they will need a new funding schedule by 2020 so they have to have a plan by then.  We have heard absolutely nothing from Lincoln since Joy took over which is a little concerning since Ford has been talking so much.

Lincoln just needs allot more money to move to the next step at a time when Ford doesn't have it and Lincoln isn't really thriving.  As Ford faces stronger headwinds, I really don't know which direction we are going here on Lincoln.  It's time we heard from them just to get us excited.  Aviator and Corsair should do wonders however.  

Edited by Assimilator, 31 July 2018 - 08:29 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,351 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

I think we'll see two more MYs out of MKZ before it's gone, but the MKZ looses quite a bit of money for Lincoln so I think this is just a matter of stopping the hemorrhaging.  I know part of the huge sales declines at Lincoln this year was to fix the hemorrhaging that Fields apparently tolerated in his effort to rebuild Lincoln while ignoring profitability.  They are scaling down production and incentives and focusing on lower profitable volume.  I'm not sure what Lincoln's next step is but they will need a new funding schedule by 2020 so they have to have a plan by then.  We have heard absolutely nothing from Lincoln since Joy took over which is a little concerning since Ford has been talking so much.

Lincoln just needs allot more money to move to the next step at a time when Ford doesn't have it and Lincoln isn't really thriving.  As Ford faces stronger headwinds, I really don't know which direction we are going here on Lincoln.  It's time we heard from them just to get us excited.  Aviator and Corsair should do wonders however.  

Isnt Fusion/MKZ production scheduled to end in Hermosillo in 2020? That tells me MY2019 will be a full production run and MY2020 will be a short one, just like they did with Focus and C-Max Production and what it sounds like they will be doing with Explorer (and Taurus) production in Chicago.
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

#7 OFFLINE   Assimilator

Assimilator

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 462 posts
  • Joined 05-March 18

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

Yes, Fusion and MKZ should get a 2020 MY.  Ford promised they would be down to Focus Active and Mustang in 2020.

#8 OFFLINE   twintornados

twintornados

Ford fan for a long, long time.

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,844 posts
  • Joined 16-February 10
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

Lincoln sedans possibly replaced by Ford Vignale trim level in any remaining sedan offering? SUV's to continue under a Lincoln star?

Just speculation on my part.

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours....Gordon Lightfoot, "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

#9 OFFLINE   sullynd

sullynd

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts
  • Joined 27-May 05

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:27 AM

Lincoln just needs allot more money

You-Keep-Using-That-Word.jpg

http://englishplus.c...ar/00000175.htm

Edited by sullynd, 01 August 2018 - 06:37 AM.

• akirby and twintornados like this

#10 OFFLINE   twintornados

twintornados

Ford fan for a long, long time.

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,844 posts
  • Joined 16-February 10
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:53 AM

9981393_orig.jpg

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours....Gordon Lightfoot, "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

#11 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Blue Oval Fanatic

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,245 posts
  • Joined 07-July 07
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex Limited w/ AWD

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:14 AM

Have we figured out if this is just because the separate MKZ order guide hasn't been released yet?

----

Also, Ford has been talking, but they haven't been saying much.

Car of the Day:

2019 Lincoln Aviator

zmJvd9J.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 29,132 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2018 F150 Supercab XLT Magnetic Grey 3.5LEB

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:17 AM

Have we figured out if this is just because the separate MKZ order guide hasn't been released yet?

----

Also, Ford has been talking, but they haven't been saying much.

They usually release the BL order guide at the same time, so while it's possible they're just late with the BL order guide it sounds like they have dropped it.

2018 F150 Supercab XLT Sport (Magnetic) - 3.5LEB
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·