FRAP GOING TO ONE SHIFT NY FEBRUARY

Rickyrich7

Ok first off MAP isnt bringing on more people until late next year at earliest and second you guys will be getting the new Transit Connect sometime in 2020.

Well I did say we werent getting any new work for at least 2 years and Im sure they will need to bring in people at map to train for the other shifts....they will probably have 2 shifts worth of people working on one shift like they did frap before the fusion launched to train Edited by Rickyrich7

Start building it here and Transit Connect Sales will grow, I guarantee it

The entire market has been shrinking quite a bit, not sure that's necessarily true unless gas prices go up considerably. I would like to see them built here but I'm having a hard time seeing the wisdom in doing so unless A/V is indeed a huge part of their outlook.

Edited by Assimilator

Well I did say we werent getting any new work for at least 2 years and Im sure they will need to bring in people at map to train for the other shifts....they will probably have 2 shifts worth of people working on one shift like they did frap before the fusion launched to train

depends on when they decide to launch the Bronco. Plant chairman told is 3 weeks ago that still isnt 100% decided yet. They dont even want to give us a tentative window yet so anything is truly a guess right now.

It's my impression that the Mach1 is being built in Mexico and the Transit Connects are getting AV retrofits across the street from FRAP at a newly constructed facility. Both products are relatively lower volume, Transit Connect is a fairly slow selling product.

I know the next generation Transit Connect is being moved to Detroit. Is it the FRAP or that new building they are doing? I know they're using the TC for AV so are they only building the TC AVs or all TC (cargo and passenger; gas and diesel)?

I'm sure when FRAP goes one shift next year, Ford will figure out where to transfer the existing workers. I hope they won't be laid off. The Ranger will have been in production by then. Perhaps Chicago to get ready for new Explorer/Aviator?

I know the next generation Transit Connect is being moved to Detroit. Is it the FRAP or that new building they are doing? I know they're using the TC for AV so are they only building the TC AVs or all TC (cargo and passenger; gas and diesel)?

I'm sure when FRAP goes one shift next year, Ford will figure out where to transfer the existing workers. I hope they won't be laid off. The Ranger will have been in production by then. Perhaps Chicago to get ready for new Explorer/Aviator?

As long as MAP is only building the Ranger we will only be on one shift. Chicago doesnt need people.
  • Like 1

Chicago will see an increase in the hourly work force of 600 or so by December of this year. I`m not sure when but I`m sure you will see Chicago transfer paperwork on the boards very soon.

this was actually confirmed by a union rep months ago....there are people here from Chicago and he said they will have chance to go back soon

Only if the plant has a surplus of workers, which at the moment none do.

they are working on cutting jobs as we speak preparing for reduction in line speed so I wouldnt be surprised if that posting came up the next few months...6 jobs cut per unit right now their goal

You are correct Fuzzy, but two things will circumvent the master language on the transfer abilities. First the agreement has to be made with both the exiting local or locals and the receiving local. The 551 is pushing for transfers over hiring off the street (from the Ill. Unemployment Services) (that's in it`s self is another whole post...) because this will allow for returns and entry level members to come. Then the second reason, of course the only real reason Ford is in business for, is the money. It will be the intent to pull more entry level and non legacy members to Chicago so as to bring in off the streets of Michigan the new under entry level employee`s. I remember it being said that we won`t see any more TPT`ers or LTS`ers or STPT`ers in the last hard sell we went through well, there here and we will see even more over the next year annnd wait till the next hard sell comes along, if its like what's happening with the USW`s we will see an even lower tier....

CAP isn`t the only plant in or will be in a push for more of us to start coming through the doors.

Fuzzy hang in there you may be able to transfer to where you want to be. The labor shortage is here.

Edited by Decker