Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Delivery problems

quality control

Best Answer rickjohnson45@gmail.com , 22 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

fuzzymoomoo, ice-capades, RPF, and all other commenters,

Wow. It arrived today. Almost everything you experts said was true. Build date was 08/2018, so Aug 3 was a pretty good guess.

Albuquerque rail lot did not produce reliable shipping info. Last Thursday, the estimated ship date was Monday 8/20. On phone Tuesday he said it had left the lot. Today I asked the driver and he left Albuquerque this morning (Wednesday). Oh well, I am now a VERY HAPPY CAMPER. And yes, I have a Lance 1181 Truck Camper (4400# dry weight without liquids and the myriad of belongings that we take) that will ride on my new beast. It is OK. I have a cargo capacity of 6500#. I chose the 6.2l gasser and I really like the engine on the first few miles. Specs compare favorably with my 2004 6.0 diesel, more horses but less torque. Here is the first view I got of the truck:

First 2109 F-350 in my small town

Thanks all again for being so helpful.

Rick

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rickjohnson45@gmail.com

rickjohnson45@gmail.com

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 23-June 18
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2019 F350 XLT CC DRW Gas

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:37 PM   Best Answer

fuzzymoomoo, ice-capades, RPF, and all other commenters,

Wow. It arrived today. Almost everything you experts said was true. Build date was 08/2018, so Aug 3 was a pretty good guess.

Albuquerque rail lot did not produce reliable shipping info. Last Thursday, the estimated ship date was Monday 8/20. On phone Tuesday he said it had left the lot. Today I asked the driver and he left Albuquerque this morning (Wednesday). Oh well, I am now a VERY HAPPY CAMPER. And yes, I have a Lance 1181 Truck Camper (4400# dry weight without liquids and the myriad of belongings that we take) that will ride on my new beast. It is OK. I have a cargo capacity of 6500#. I chose the 6.2l gasser and I really like the engine on the first few miles. Specs compare favorably with my 2004 6.0 diesel, more horses but less torque. Here is the first view I got of the truck:

First 2109 F-350 in my small town

Thanks all again for being so helpful.

Rick

Edited by rickjohnson45@gmail.com, 22 August 2018 - 10:40 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   donjksr

donjksr

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 10-September 18
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:F-150

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:47 AM

Do Green Sticker's really get expedited preference on rail and truck?

#23 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,864 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

Do Green Sticker's really get expedited preference on rail and truck?

Most of the time. The green Window Stickers are used for retail orders to make them easier to identify for expedited shipment to dealerships. The retail orders are also automatically "hot flagged" for expedited delivery in the records that the carrier dispatch departments use. Sometimes there are delays depending on the volume and mix of vehicles headed towards a particular area. In addition, the dispatch departments have software that helps them determine what mix of vehicles of different size vehicles they can fit on a particular car carrier. Some vehicles can only be placed in a particular place on the carrier, etc. Usually, only 3 F-150's can be loaded on a carrier, only 1 F-Series Super Duty DRW (Dual Rear Wheel) can be loaded on a carrier and it has to be at the back of the bottom deck, manual transmission Mustangs have to be loaded a certain way, etc.   

#24 OFFLINE   donjksr

donjksr

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 10-September 18
  • Current Vehicle:F-150

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:28 PM

Thank You!  You seem to be very help in your responses on this forum.  You definitely help to clarify a lot of questions.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·