Mike Manley new CEO of FCA (Update: Marchionne Passes Away at 66)

mackinaw

Does not sound good for Sergio. Say a prayer for this guy as when you go in for "shoulder surgery" and all of a sudden you are out of the picture, sounds like the surgery discovered a far more serious condition.

Not everyone on this site thought much of him but for sure a hardworking "no bullshit" kind of guy who did not mince words.

Now that I looked at the article, it does sound bad. my guess is that "shoulder pain" could have been cancerous, but any surgery has risks. I hope for the best for him and I hope he conquers this and makes a speedy recovery.

Edited by atomcat68

Wow, horrible.

Marchionne suffered embolism during cancer surgery, Italian report says

Former Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne suffered an embolism while undergoing an operation for an invasive shoulder sarcoma and has irreversible damage to his brain function, and he had failed to tell Fiat Chrysler Chairman John Elkann of the seriousness of his illness, an Italian business website reported Tuesday.

Sources told Lettera43, which has led coverage of Marchionne's illness, that during the operation, Marchionne was struck by a cerebral embolism, plunging him into a coma. It also claims that Marchionne is now being kept alive only by machines, and that doctors said there was no hope of recovery.

Edited by Anthony