Ford's 3rd Truck / Unibody Truck [MERGED]

Bronco is now MY2023? Which means they won't be on the road for another 3.5 years? That's really not good.

Never mind, saw next-gen Ranger, thought Bronco for some reason. Carry on while I revoke my posting privileges for the day!

Edited by RPF
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how Bronco is going to be ready by 2020 but Ford is not showing it off internally yet and we don't have mules or prototypes yet unless the Everest are the mules. I suspect we won't see it in production until the 2020CY as a 2021MY like the Mach1 but I hope it's a little shorter than that. I think the MAP folks might know the schedule for production a bit better. I don't know anybody who has actually seen it besides the draped version but everybody has seen Explorer, Escape, Maverick, Mach1. Lincoln has been showing stuff off to it's people as well, I have only seen the Corsair and Production Aviator (think I prefer Explorer ST). Maverick is in mule state right now, it's actually built from the new global Fiesta bodies which is a little confusing if it's a C-platform..but it does have characteristics of the C-Platfrom like 5-lug wheels and a wider/longer track.

Corsair is really sharp, very Germanic and Mercedes-like with the arching belt-line that flattens toward the back instead of kicking up. The back looks like an Audi Q7, wider and lower than before but with Lincolns softer lines. The taillights are in the correct orientation this time (like Aviator and Navigator) but still floating in the middle of the hatch instead of terminating at the edges like the Audi. Aviator might be a little too...simple. Like Continental and Navigator it will be stunning in full trim but maybe not the most alluring piece of design by itself. I think Corsair looks great no matter what, they were a little more clever I think.

Edited by Assimilator

They havent nailed down an exact launch for the Bronco but theyre aiming for late 2019/early 2020 according to one of the plant chairmen I talked to recently.

I know someone who has seen bits and pieces of drawings but nothing like what he showed me for the Aviator and NG Edge.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

They havent nailed down an exact launch for the Bronco but theyre aiming for late 2019/early 2020 according to one of the plant chairmen I talked to recently.

I know someone who has seen bits and pieces of drawings but nothing like what he showed me for the Aviator and NG Edge.

Without saying too much here, Ford is going all out on Bronco to make it very special.........U725

The top hat is all Ford Nth America and is out to make a big statement, look out Jeep.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Without saying too much here, Ford is going all out on Bronco to make it very special.........U725

The top hat is all Ford Nth America and is out to make a big statement, look out Jeep.

I hope you are right. Im still hoping for removable doors along with a removable top.

I hope you are right. Im still hoping for removable doors along with a removable top.

While we have no idea of exact details, we can be sure that FNA doing the top Hat means that

they are making a big effort to bring forth an iconic vehicle, not a generic Everest clone.

If anything, Everest will probably be influenced by what Bronco brings to the table.....

Edited by jpd80

I'm not sure how Bronco is going to be ready by 2020 but Ford is not showing it off internally yet and we don't have mules or prototypes yet unless the Everest are the mules. I suspect we won't see it in production until the 2020CY as a 2021MY like the Mach1 but I hope it's a little shorter than that. I think the MAP folks might know the schedule for production a bit better.

I believe that gen 2 T6 was begun in 2015......

25 Mar 2015

By BYRON MATHIOUDAKIS in BANGKOK

FORD has given the strongest indication yet that Australia will once again lead the development of the next-generation Ranger, that is expected to be on sale by the end of this decade.

While timing and the extent of development are not yet known, it is likely that both the design and engineering for the T6 replacements – including the one-tonne truck and its eventual Everest seven-seater SUV sibling – are well under way at Ford Australia’s headquarters in Campbellfield, in Melbourne's north.

If Bronco is critical as an Iconic vehicle, the ivory tower will make sure it's on time and on budget.:)

I'm thinking about the work load on T6 vehicle design and development, they have to:

- Refresh PX3 Global Ranger - Done

- Develop Nth American Ranger - Done

- Refresh Everest - In process?

- Develop Nth American Bronco Top Hat JV with USA- In process?

- Develop NG Ranger Top Hat - Due in 2021 - After Everest Refresh

- Develop NG Everest Top Hat - Due 2023 - After Ranger.

• Like 1

Oh I didn't know they were still trying to get it out that early. I thought by now it had been postponed to 2020 as early 2021. Do you know for certain as discussed elsewhere on this forum that the Bronco will be on next generation Ranger and not current T6 platform? Meaning that the Bronco coming out will be what the 2022 Ranger be based on? Just wondering if this is still indeed the plan. Also, sorry if asked before but what can you tell us about the next Edge? Just wondering, that is if you can share some details here. You may PM here if okay with you.

While we have no idea of exact details, we can be sure that FNA doing the top Hat means that

they are making a big effort to bring forth an iconic vehicle, not a generic Everest clone.

If anything, Everest will probably be influenced by what Bronco brings to the table.....

My worries of Everest clone were laid to rest when that photo Ford released a few months ago showed a 2-door Bronco under a sheet. It looked like it will be a good one and I already forgave Ford for offering a 4-door of it since it will go after the Wrangler Unlimited 4-door. At least Ford is offering a 2-door version of it as well as not a crossover (ahem... Blazer).

Oh I didn't know they were still trying to get it out that early. I thought by now it had been postponed to 2020 as early 2021. Do you know for certain as discussed elsewhere on this forum that the Bronco will be on next generation Ranger and not current T6 platform? Meaning that the Bronco coming out will be what the 2022 Ranger be based on?

100%

By the time Bronco arrives, gen 1 T6 will have approx 18 months left before next Gen Ranger arrives.

So, if Bronco is to get those desirable V6 Engines, it makes sense that it should be on next Gen.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Ford has been hedging its messaging on the Bronco, specifically at the uncovered event they said Bronco is not a Wrangler but more of a dessert runner, it's not meant for extreme off-roading. Ford wants us to think of it more as a performance vehicle like a Raptor. Bronco will be a better daily driver, but comparing it to Wrangler might cause disappointment. It certainly doesn't have the exotic dimensions of the purpose built wheelbase and suspension system of the Wrangler but it will certainly be able to do what a Ranger and Everest can do today which is more than any other Ford utility.

I think the trick for Bronco will be to offer something stylish and versatile like the Wrangler while doing it's own thing well and trying to be as authentic and original as the Wrangler. It's a tough task and one we haven't seen Ford tackle from scratch like this in my lifetime! So yeah, it's a big one.

The NG Ranger is 2023 and Bronco is still on the T6 they modified for the US Ranger (and for Bronco).

Edited by Assimilator

100%

By the time Bronco arrives, gen 1 T6 will have approx 18 months left before next Gen Ranger arrives.

So, if Bronco is to get those desirable V6 Engines, it makes sense that it should be on next Gen.

Thanks for confirming. I figured it was this but wanted to make sure. It wouldn't make logical sense to roll out the Bronco on upcoming US Ranger T6 only to switch within a few years after that. I have been hearing about the 2.7L EB V6 that may be used (or even the 3.0L EB V6) which the next T6 will be capable of.

I saw an article that says we can expect really small trucks to reappear soon.

I remember a thread here some time ago regarding this. This was back when I was a lurker due to me being on a very old computer that makes it hard for me to post sometimes. I have since gotten a new one and am now more involved here. But anyway, I remember discussions about Ranchero/Courier but my recollection is more of wishful-thinking rather than 'inside' type of info. Looks like it's actually coming true which means the thread may have been insider type of info or rumor-based.

The NG Ranger is 2023 and Bronco is still on the T6 they modified for the US Ranger (and for Bronco).

Do you have sources for this? I ask because jpd80 says otherwise which I have quoted in this post. Seems illogical to have Bronco come out on the modified T6 US Ranger only to change it to NG Ranger after 2023. Not doubting you but confused is all. I have seen you post some insider info such as the Lincolns so am not doubting you at all but curious as to the sources of your info.

I think the trick for Bronco will be to offer something stylish and versatile like the Wrangler while doing it's own thing well and trying to be as authentic and original as the Wrangler. It's a tough task and one we haven't seen Ford tackle from scratch like this in my lifetime! So yeah, it's a big one.

It probably really doesn't matter, Ford will be heavily criticized, by some, for whatever Bronco they bring to market. The rock-crawling crowd will be disappointed if it doesn't have a solid front axle and locking hubs. Some people are demanding a removable top. Others want it to be a two-door only. The list goes on and on and it's hard to see how Ford can please everyone.

But if any vehicle has caught the attention of the public, the Bronco is it. Even friends of mine who don't care one bit about cars are asking me about the new Bronco (not that I know anything). So yes, I am curious as to what the final product will look like.

• Like 1

I work at MAP and I'm fortunate that I know someone pretty high up on totem pole that showed me a picture of the new bronco. The picture was taken from a cellphone snuck into a meeting that it wasn't supposed to be in and was a picture taken of an image on a conference room screen or some such but it was very clear. If anyone can recall the rendering from road and track it is almost spot on. I was also told it will have a removable top and some other cool options such as built in removable coolers and such. I really like it!

• Like 1

I work at MAP and I'm fortunate that I know someone pretty high up on totem pole that showed me a picture of the new bronco. The picture was taken from a cellphone snuck into a meeting that it wasn't supposed to be in and was a picture taken of an image on a conference room screen or some such but it was very clear. If anyone can recall the rendering from road and track it is almost spot on. I was also told it will have a removable top and some other cool options such as built in removable coolers and such. I really like it!

Well, you got my attention.

I saw a mint, dark green first-gen Bronco earlier today. That too, got my attention.

• Like 1

Is this the rendering you were speaking of from the magazine article? If so, then I'm really looking forward to it! :)

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/g19747236/heres-what-we-think-the-2020-ford-bronco-will-look-like/