Ford's 3rd Truck / Unibody Truck [MERGED]

Yes, thank God they did not use that name. Its terrible.

They considered Torino, but they were in the middle of "Lets name every car with a name that starts with F...."...oh well, would've loved to have a Torino Titanium (TT for TT) ....lol

Edited by twintornados

They considered Torino, but they were in the middle of "Lets name every car with a name that starts with F...."...oh well, would've loved to have a Torino Titanium (TT for TT) ....lol

I wish they'd stop dragging every name from the past and put on another product. If they want to keep doing this, they might as well bring Pinto back and put it on this. At least, it will be in the right size category.

I wouldnt mind if they used the Courier name again. My grandfather had an 82 XLT in that powder blue color that Ford had at the time. (Anyone remember what the heck the exact name of that color was by chance?)

Lots of fond memories riding around in that truck...

Not sure of the color name, the Econoline van in '82 called in Light Blue, enjoy.

post-30007-0-45552800-1532930018_thumb.jpg

I would love to see the Ranchero return, although I would want it on the upcoming Mustang platform with AWD and the 2.7L EB. :headspin:

Edited by T hawker
  • Like 1

I wish they'd stop dragging every name from the past and put on another product. If they want to keep doing this, they might as well bring Pinto back and put it on this. At least, it will be in the right size category.

Pinto is dick in portuguese language

this is weird...in the last couple of weeks Ive seen a mid sized Volkswagon pickup, and yesterday a small truck that had RAM ( with adventure written on the side ) on the back...it looked somewhat like a Subaru BRAT.....

post-25048-0-92309200-1533324299_thumb.jpg

post-25048-0-37400100-1533324413_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deanh

Dont you wish you still had that car.

Actually, my all-time favorite was my 1976 Mercury Cougar XR-7 which I bought after trading in my '74 Cougar XR-7. I drove the '76 Cougar cross country for 9 months on tour that year and then came back East in late May '76 after working in LA and then spending time with friends and co-workers in the entertainment business in Las Vegas. The Cougar XR-7 was like driving a baby Mark IV and literally helped save the Mercury Division back then to the point that all the TV commercials ended with the tag line "At the sign of the Cat" with a live cougar sitting on top of the Mercury signage!

I have some doubts about the viability of this product in the US, especially if it's a two-door. A 4-door would make it a pretty terrible compact truck but who knows what Ford has planned. The new Crossover that is accompanying it at the Factory might be the New World replacement to the EcoSport at the low-end.